Chapter 17: Saying Peace

D.J. had to calm Cristy down for a while until she would listen what was going to happen. He said he would be back in a few days. D.J. said goodbye and decided to call Will. He also wanted to inform him what was happening too. Will called the rest of the friends.

D.J. met up at the bench. When he got there, all his friends were there and some girl that he didn't know. The sun was getting low and Sam was the first to step up.

"Alright, what is this all about? I got shit to do and am saving up the fucks I would give." He said as he put an arm around D.J.

"Well, this won't be long. I just wanted to check up on you guys." D.J. said with a feeling of weight off his shoulders.

"Well, here's the thing. Yesterday. The attack. Where were you?!" Will asked raising his voice.

"I, well, you see, about that." D.J. said a little nervous about their reactions.

"Get on with it!" Tina yelled.

"I was in the middle of it all!" D.J. said quickly. There was a pause. "I was in the library then made my way out to get people out of there. There. Happy?"

"NO!" Tina yelled as she lunged herself at D.J. at hugged him tightly.

"Seriously?" Sam said sarcastically. "Are you saying that because you wanna make yourself look good?"

"No, I'm telling the truth!" D.J. defended himself. "I was at the library with Cristy -"

"Your girlfriend?" The girl said in the back.

"What?" D.J. said surprised and a little freaked out.

"She posted it on Facebook." the girl said.

"Huh." D.J. said a little puzzled. "Well, I guess then yes."

"Well Will, looks like he's addicted." Sam said.

"Yep." Will replied.

D.J. responded confused, "What does that mean?"

Will responded, "Once you got one, you can't get enough. Also, what happened to that other girl, Shelly?"

"You guys don't know?" D.J. said surprised.

Everyone just looked at him with a puzzled face.

"Oh for fucks sake!" D.J. said annoyed. He told them the whole story about what she did and the aftermath that the rest of the kids did.

"That bitch." Sam said straight up.

"I'm sorry. Didn't know." Will said.

D.J. shrugged. "I've been meaning to ask, who's the girl?"

"My name is Layla, for your information." The girl spoke up.

D.J. hesitated a bit. "Well... Okay then." D.J. then got a text message from his mentor. "Sorry guys. Gotta go."

He hugged Tina and left.