Chapter 43: History Lesson

D.J. sat as the helicopter flew over a vast ocean. Darrell and Aeden sat with him discussing things between each other. D.J. Wanted to join in, but he didn't want to bother them, so he waited for them to finish. Whenever that would be.

"We'll have to discuss this when we are in a more private place." Darrell gestured towards D.J.

"Aye, I suppose you're right." He sat up and looked towards D.J. "Do you have any questions, Lad?"

D.J. didn't hesitate. "So how come you two never met before? You both seem to be really important to S.W.O.R.D.?"

Darrell spoke and was mainly the one doing the talking. "Usually when two people become reliable, really reliable, the bosses want to keep us separated, just in case of certain situations occur."

"'Bosses'?" D.J. thought that maybe there was only one person ho controlled all of S.W.O.R.D.

"In order to keep this group functioning to keep it from making the wrong decisions, there are quite a few people in charge. There is no 'number one'.  Only people who have the best experience out on the field have ever gotten a seat up there. But the leaders are so hidden, that no one has ever seen them. Not even us."

"Cool..." D.J. was amazed about how secretive S.W.O.R.D. really was. "Wait. If they try to keep really important people like you two away from each other, how come you ran into each other now?"

"Our task kinda aligned. It's rare for this to happen, but it is possible." Darrell looked out the window. Aeden fell asleep a few minutes ago, probably from exhaustion.

"Alright. What's with the crystal back there..?" D.J. had been wondering this question for a while now. "Is there anymore like it?"

"Yes. And much more dangerous."

D.J. jumped by this. "How..? It already seems impossible for just one of these crystals to exist but two?!"

"The other crystal is more dangerous, yes, but it is also impossible to actually get." Darrell slid back into his seat, getting comfortable. "We discovered the white crystals existence long, long ago by studying ancient civilizations languages. We learned about not only the white one, but also the blue crystal.

"From what we can tell, the blue crystal sits in the center of every super Nova. The biggest stars in existence. Hence the reason why it's impossible to get. No amount of technology can even get us to the surface of our sun, but a star bigger and way more hot, impossible."

"This is all too crazy. So if there is one blue crystal in every super Nova, that means that-"

"There are a shit ton of blue ones out there." Darrell finished D.J. "We don't know what that power is yet..." He looked at the pilot, then leaned in to D.J. "but I can't​ tell you this, but we have been using the white one for a big project."

"What is it?" D.J. whispered.

"We've been able to open a portal to another dimension."

D.J.s eyes widened. "You... You don't mean..."

"A reality, universe different from our own. It has happened. But not in the way you'd expect. This dimension is quite different. It has absolutely nothing in it. It is a dimension with no matter what so ever. Blackness."

D.J. thought about this for a while. A dimension with absolutely nothing in it. If such a place exist, that means it is only natural for it to try taking any matter it can from anywhere else to fill it. That means -

"Wait! If it has no matter in it, and if you open a portal to it, you're creating a -"

"Black hole, yeah yeah."

D.J. was in shock. Not by the fact that he already knew this, but by how casual he blantly he said it.

"We have already made several contingency plans in case this happened. We still have yet to open a portal to an actual split reality, but hey, we're already making progress and history." Darrell's smile finally came back as he sat back in his seat.

If he can open a portal to another dimension with that crystal, D.J. would be able to go see someone very important to him. Actually... Several... And better yet, if that crystal can open a portal to another dimension, it can probably do something so science fiction, it sounds ridiculous. Time travel. D.J. would be able to go back to the past, and meet his real parents.

"But anyways, that's all I'm saying. Our stop is here." Darrell said staring out the window again.

D.J. just noticed they were flying over the city again. It was time to go home.