Chapter 37: Crippled

D.J. suddenly felt a huge weight on his shoulders. His heart felt heavy. He felt sick to the stomach. Around a hundred people just died, because he failed to save them.

The knee in his back pressed against his spine so much, he broke it. D.J. could feel that it split into two. Then he felt the arms around his neck let him go, but brake his shoulders. He lost all control in his body and he was forced back into his regular state.

The two Angess's let go of D.J., letting his drop to the ground. D.J. was barely keeping conciousness. Why weren't they killing him? D.J. grinded his teeth, and starred them down in anger.

Pan finally walked over to the edge and smirked at D.J., cold blood eyes. The Angess's became one whole Angess now, which he went over to Pan, picked her up, and flew away.

D.J. failed. All those people. Who knows how many children were in there. D.J. laid there, motionless. By the time the smoke opened up, more fire fighters finally came to help, after all that time.

They were probably afraid of being forced in there too. D.J. thought to himself. He could finally feel his spine be forced back into place by his healing factor. His arms, however, nothing yet.

Forcing himself up with just his legs, he realized he landed on a police car. His mask was intact, but his suit was torn up. He looked around and saw families run up to the building, then collapse, realizing that their loved ones had died in the explosion.

The explosion that D.J. failed to stop. The explosion that Pan had caused. D.J. clenched his fist somehow. Physics were apparently bullshit to him right now. D.J. had enough.

He went back to the doorway into S.W.O.R.D. but realized, finally how the kept other people out. There was a number lock. How the hell was he supposed to get in?

CRACK. His left shoulder completely healed​, but, as always, D.J. could still feel the pain of it. But the bright side was he could use his arm again.

Maybe there was a camera here, in case there were any inturders and they needed to see them. D.J. waved his left arm around the top of the doorway, trying to signal for someone to let him.

After a couple of minutes, D.J. gave up. He began to walk out of the ally and was planning on flying away, but he heard the door open behind him.

Darrell ran over. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to know if you guys can track those two down." D.J. stated flatly.

To his surprise, Darrell pulled out a phone. "Your a lucky son of a bitch. We had our men do a little snooping around. During your beat down, one of them managed to get to you guys and stick the guy with a tracker on his jacket. We're tracking him now. When you're healed up, we can go together and take them down."

CRACK. D.J.s other shoulder healed back into place. Darrell seemed to notice, so he tossed D.J. the phone. "It'll take some time getting ready so just relax."

D.J. turned away. "No", D.J. said. "I have to do this on my own." Darrell was shocked.

"Don, it's too dangerous. You -" he was cut off when D.J. flew away.

D.J. could hear him curse in the distance.

He was going to bring the fight to them.