Chapter 45: Girls

As the four friends spent most of the day siting around and talking, Will called over Layla to see if she wanted to hang out. She showed up not long, surprisingly. She arrived and the first thing she did was gave a hug to Will.

"So are you two a thing or no?" D.J. asked.

"What?! No!" Will said shocked. "Nah, man! She's my cousins adopted sister. She's family."

D.J. and Sam changed their faces to shock themselves.

"What?" Layla. Her straight hair swayed with the wind as her light brown skin was clearly showed how soft her skin really was.

"He said that in such a casual way. Isn't that, ya know, a touchy subject?" D.J. asked.

Tina flipped herself backwards, getting off the bench, landing on her feet.​ She walked up to Layla and the two hugged as if old friends. Even Will was surprised.

"Trust me, shes beyond that fact." Tina said holding her hand.

"Are you two a thing?" Sam asked this time.

"No, she's my best friend." Layla said.

"How long have you two known each other? Shit, you never tell us anything anymore." Will was just as surprised as the other two were.

"I have friends! I don't need to give a speech of my life to you guys all the time!" Layla said exhausted.

Sam put a face on as if he was studying her and leaned to D.J. and whispered, "Yep. She's a keeper."

D.J. blushed and gave him the look of confusion. Tina saw this and walked over and kicked both boys in their shins.

"Ow! Shit, that hurt!" Sam said holding his leg.

"Nah, really?!" D.J. struggled to let out. Then, D.J.s phone buzzed. He checked what it was and to his surprise, it was Cristy:

I hear you're back in town. You keep going to you're friends first. Why don't you ever stop by my place first for a change?

D.J. texted back in reply:

Well, it's because they asked for me right as I came around. How did you know I was back?

Not a minute passed when she responded.

You need to tell Layla to lay off Facebook when she is about to go hang out with a friend. Come on by. I got a surprise for you.

D.J. turned to everyone. Apparently Sam was paying attention to him. The others seemed to be doing their own thing.

"So... You gotta go get the wink-wink to your nudge-nudge." Sam said messing with D.J.

"What?" D.J. blushed at this.

"So you gotta go again?" Will said with his arms crossed. *Sigh* "Why am I not surprised."

"I'm sorry. I just got busted." D.J. struggled to get up. "We'll be able to sleep over, though. You wait and see. It'll happen."

"You want us to drive you?" Layla asked.

"No, it's fine. I can still walk." D.J. didn't realize that he was starting to stare at. She saw this then blushed and looked down. D.J. snapped out of it and started leaving. "Alright then. I'm out. Enjoy yourselves."