One

"Bitch we graduates now!" I screamed at the top of my lungs to my best friend.

I waved my diploma around in the air as I danced my happy ass out my high school, August Martin.  My name Is Shayla Grant and I was born and raised in South Jamaica Queens. Growing up in Baisley Projects in Queens in the wasn't always the best but I damn sure wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Besides was I well known due to my brothers, Arrion and Marlon.  Of course I was the baby and heavily watched over. Arrion was the oldest and more level headed. After he graduated from Jamaica High School, he went to Bowie State on A FULL SCHOLARSHIP for Basketball. That's where he met his then girlfriend turned wife, Tammy. They stayed in Maryland after they graduated and gotten married and had my nephew, Arrion Jr.

Meanwhile, Marlon was a little different. Smart as hell, but couldn't leave the Block alone. Straight dope dealer, blood-gang banging, well respected, hated on but feared at the same time. My Mom wasn't cool with what she was hearing in the street and told Marlon that he has to either leave the street shit alone or move out.  You know what he chose. He moved out and got his own place in Hammels Projects out in Far rockaway.

But back to me.  Being that I am a high school graduate, I have dreams of attending New York University School of Medicine to become a Pediatrician. My best friend A'rihana on the other hand, she been my ace since milk and cookies. I'd never forget how we met. I was new at P.S 40 off of Guy Brewer Blvd.

Mrs. Niles Kindergarten class K-126. She was playing with blocks and asked did I want to build a block tower with her. From building blocks and eating glue, first slumber parties, to cutting class to chill with dusty ass 40 project niggas and now, the moment we have been waiting for, Graduating high school.  Rih was an amazing singer and danced her ass off like her damn life depended on it. She wanted to own her own hair salon and fashion line.

My boo was thee shit! she makes majority of my pieces that have hos hating and niggas wondering what's underneath. But as for graduating, this was it. The beginning of a new chapter.

"Damn LaLa, we really got our shit" A'rihana jumped up and down screaming.

"Yeah I know, we made it out that bitch child free" I danced around in circle.

"Barely bitch" A'rihana yelled and doubled over with laughter.

Every senior parlayed out front of the school taking pictures, signing yearbooks and the whole nine. I was ready to get far away from this place as possible, but was going to miss the hell out of it.

"Ayo Shayla" I heard someone yell. I looked and seen it was Quincy. Our star basketball player. I smirked and sashayed my little hips over to him.

Quincy stood about 6'3, low cut Caesar haircut with light waves, the richest chocolate skin I have ever seen. Let's not forget the pearly set of 32. He leaned on his black 1986 Audi looking like everything wearing high top red and black Nikes, a Chicago Bulls Jersey and some gold chains, one of them being the cross.

"Hey Quince? I smiled and put my hand on my hip. I aint trying sound conceited, but I was something serious.

5'3, 140 lbs. and long black hair with the almond shaped eyes and curves. I know I gave bitches a run for their money. My parents are of Indian and African descent.

He smiled and licked his lips at me. I swear this man does something to me. There's a little history between me and this man. You see, I lost my virginity to his fine ass on my prom night, which was literally a week before our graduation.

Where did I do it? In his stupid ass friend house, Trey. He was also on the basketball team. That shit hurt like hell, but once he got passed the hard part, it was on and rocking then.