Seventeen

(Eric POV]

"Cause the boyz n tha hood are always hard You come talking that trash we'll pull your card
Knowing nothing in life but to be legit Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shit"

My shit played through the speakers in Lonzo' garage/studio shit whatever you wanna call it.

Me, Dre, Cube, Yella, Ren, Tyree and some bitches from around the way sat around us and bobbed their head. I dapped Dre up and bobbed my head hard smiling. I never imagined myself as a rapper, but here I am listening to my funny ass blare through lonzo speakers. Dre cut the music and we all cheered un unison.

"So what you think Lonzo?'' Dre asked, smiling. Lonzo stood up and shifted his lips.

"sound like some waste of time shit to me. No one wanna hear this reality rap bullshit. No offense E cause I know you real about yo shit" he turned and looked at me. I nodded and leaned back in my seat.

"as for you muthafucka, we need to work on that slow jam we talked about. Clean this shit up" He pointed at Dre who sneered. Lonzo turned to walk out the room.

"Hold on real quick Dre" I said, getting up and running behind lonso. 'aye Lonzo" I called to him. He turned around and looked me up and down.

"Wassup man" He asked, combing that curly shit he call hair.

"I mean I think Dre work was pretty dope. He serious about this rap shit. he talented man." I spoke, looking Lonzo dead his eyes. I sighed.

"Look, if he took a non-rapper" I pointed to myself. "and created that shit back there I think he can do a lot more for real. You got any connects as far as getting this out there. I think this shit might work" I expressed slightly excited. Lonzo sighed.

"I know one guy, but this shit gonna cost you E this shit aint free" He explained, leaning back on the black wall behind him. I nodded. "

How much?"

"Shit iono bout 750, 800 dollars" he said. I smirked and dug down in my sneaker near my ankle through a wad of bills in his hand. His eyes got big. He looked up at me. I nodded.

"There's a little extra there for helping a nigga out. I'm sure you'll get the job done." I smirked and walked back to where my niggas were sitting, leaving lonso standing there still looking at the money.

*****

(Shayla POV)

"Rapper?" I asked while reading a magazine and laying on the couch. I decided to come spend the night once again at Eric's house in Venice Beach. It took a lot of convincing but I eventually gave in.

"Yeah" he expressed excitedly. We already recording the second song. I never thought I'd be rapping and shit"

he sat down and put my legs across his lap..

"so you wanna rap and live the glamorous life now?" I chuckled. He smiled and started rolling up his blunt.

"Yeah I mean I think we will be hood stars and shit. it'll be dope as fuck baby I'm telling you" Eric expressed anxiously licking on the zig zag paper. I sat up and stared at him, running my fingers through my hair.

"well when you get famous, don't forget about me" I smiled and kissed his cheek. I still want ask him about that perfume scent I smelled. I may be young but I'm far from stupid.

"Oh you coming with me" he looked at me and smirked.

I shook my head.

"No way. I'm going to college when I get back to New York"

"Yea I forget you going back to New York..." he looked away and continued rolling. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You'll be rich and can come see me when you touring if you really serious about this rap career shit" I said to him and playfully hit his arm, almost making him drop the weed. He smacked his lips.

"come on baby, make me drop my weed we gonna have issues".

I laughed and got quiet just staring at him. "Eric..." I said. He lit his blunt and inhaled and looked at me.

"wassup?" he asked. I gulped and rolled my eyes.

"You fucking someone else?" I blurted out, causing him to choke and cough hard.

"where that come from?" he said, panting and catching his breath.

"well that day I went running, you smelled like a bitch so who is she" I glared, folding my arms across my chest.

He grew silent and just stared at me. I stared back not blinking. He sighed.

"Lemme show you something"

He moved my feet off him,  getting up. My eyes followed him down his hallway. He returned holding a picture. I looked at the picture of him holding a little boy who look just like him, just a shade darker. I looked at him who was smiling.

"That's my little man. My son. He two years old" he said, looking at the picture at me. He shook his head.

"that perfume you smelled was..." he paused and looked at me. I glared at him and sighed.

"You fucking your baby mother too Eric?"

He looked down and back at me.

"I aint fuck her, she did suck my- " I smacked the shit out of him and felt the stinging in my eyes once again.

He just sat there with a clenched jaw and nodded his head. I stood up.

"Why the fuck you keep apologizing to me and then hurting me" I Cried at the top of my lungs, making him jump a little.

"WHY ERIC, WHY THE FUCK Can't YOU EITHER JUST LEAVE ME ALONE OR JUST DEAL WITH ME" I had tears rolling down my cheek. 

"we not even together and you can't treat me right, and you expect me to sit around and take this shit!!!?" I yelled in his face. He nodded and hung his head.

"Shayla I'm sorry alright. I. - "

"yes you are a sorry ass man who can't keep his dick in his pants"

I cut him off mid-sentence. I massaged my temples, as I felt a headache coming. I grew angrier.

"you know how many niggas would love to have this ass"

I lifted up my shirt and flashing eric my ass. I wanted to laugh at his face expression, his mouth open and all.  I shook my head and pulled my shirt down.

"Look ma, I aint perfect but I do care about you I just need to work on me okay? But check it. I like your mean ass" he said to me, causing me to look at him. He sucked his teeth.

"I do have multiple girls I've dealt with but If you work with me I swear Shayla I promise I can be the guy you want me to be. You different"

He grabbed my wrist and looked me in my eyes.

"No Eric, you have to work on yourself alone. We young but I'm not gonna sit here and play myself short cause you selfish as hell" I huffed and yanked away from him.

"This how you want me to leave Cali, remembering you as a sex crazed maniac?" I squinted my eyes at him. He looked away from me and sighed.

"Lemme guess you want me to take you home?" he stood up, dusting the ashes off his basketball shorts.

I bit down on my bottom lip. I didn't wanna leave but I think I need to make a point by leaving. I smirked.

"Nah but you can sleep on the couch"

I smiled, walking up the hallway.

"what? Why I gotta-..."

"Goodnight Eric" I yelled and locked the bedroom door.

"aint this boutta bitch" I heard him yell.

I don't give a fuck how sexy he is, if he gonna deal with me he gonna come correct. Even if I have to stop talking to his ass.