43

Cedar's Sinai Woman's Clinic,
Los Angeles, CA 📍

Shayla

I sat at work going over the patient's appointment dates to log them into the system.  I work in the women's clinic at cedars Sinai as a receptionist. Rih got me the job and being that we work the same days, she's my ride home. The whole day has passed and I haven't heard from Eric. He had the audacity to not pick me up from school today as if he has a real reason to be upset.

This relationship is causing an emotional toll on me and its driving me mad. The only good thing that happened today is I will indeed be graduating early if I maintain a GPA over 3.5 which is currently not an issue. Anyway, I keyed in the patient's name on the computer from the charts while I sat in my cubicle. There were pictures on my desk of Rih, Kim and I, my mom and grandma, Marlon and me, then Eric and I .

The time we went to the circus with Eric Jr and Erica, another picture of us making silly faces when we he first started going to the studio, and my favorite; when we were at the Santa Monica pier. He had his arm wrapped around my waist, kissing my cheek while I smiled the brightest, biggest smile ever holding the teddy bear he won for me in a 3-point shoot game.

I held the picture and stared at it, my mind racing from all our memories. I felt a lump form in my throat as I threw the picture down and put my head in my palms. I had to come to terms with myself; I know Eric runs around with different women. He's hypersexual and I'm aware. But what really hurts is I know he is messing around but he continuously lies to my face, saying he's not and that I'm insecure and I'm crazy. If I'm crazy and insecure its 'cause he makes me this way, this shit doesn't come over night.

"You alright chick? I bought you some food" I looked up at Rih who was holding a bag of food from fatburger and olive garden. She frowned once she seen my face. I forced a smile and replied.

"Thanks Rih" I reached for the olive garden bag as she pulled up a rolling chair next to me.  she stared at me before talking.

"it's Eric isn't it?"

I took the lid off my salad bowl and started placing vinaigrette dressing on it and adding some croutons.  I pressed my lips together and mixed my dressing inside the salad, not looking up at Rih or responding.

Rih sipped her soda before talking. "I know you hurting but we gonna go out, I don't have class tomorrow and you don't either so let's go out tonight"

I rolled my eyes at this whole going out idea. I'm not in the mood, I just wanted a date with my Ben and Jerry ice cream and some sap sad ass movie on TV. "Rih" I chewed my chicken salad before responding. " im not in the mood to go out okay"

"You gonna sit in the house and study and eat yourself to death while Eric jumps from studio to studio and pussy to pussy?

I shot a look at Rih cause I didn't wanna hear what she was spitting, but she was right. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. "Rih I don't want to go nowhere and you don't know that's what he is doing" I defended him.

"Bitch please we both know how Eric get down with his Easy ass and that's easy with a Z.  You going Shayla. I'm your ride home you can always call Eric to come get you but you seen how that played out this afternoon, standing on the curb like a strawberry ho" Rih said mockin Eric voice and  smirking.

I threw a cherry tomato causing her to laugh. I swear I love my best friend so much. I'm glad that she's here with me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and groaned "Fine Rih, I'll go out".