Four

Kim

Beep! Beep! Beep! I heard my beeper go off. I groaned and looked at the alarm clock. "6:01 am" it read. I rolled over and sighed to see my boyfriend sleeping slightly snoring.

"Ren" I shook him lightly. He shuffled a little and I heard him snoring lightly again. "Ren!" I yelled and pushed him. He opened one eye, looking at me.

"What Kim damn. Cant u see a nigga sleeping" he complained.

"Come one get up and walk me home, I got to meet my little cousin at the airport" I said while getting out of bed.

Oh by the way. I am Kim, Shayla's older cousin. Only by 3 years, not that much.

"Damn man" Ren complained as he through the cover off of him and walked out his room and into the bathroom. I need to get the hell out here before his mom come home and my mom beats me to the house. I rushed and slipped on my sweats and blue and white chucks with my jean jacket.

"Hurry up Lorenzo". I yelled walking to the front of the house.

Ren came out the bathroom and put on a pair of black dickies pants, a black T-shirt, placing a his LA raiders cap and a pair of black and white chuck Taylors. I heard him walking down the hall way, shuffling his belt.

"Seriously" I placed my hand on my hip.

"hell yeah, you know how it is round here Kim so stop" Ren scuffed and grabbed the keys off the coffee table and locked the house door. I started speed walking up the block. Ren came lightly jogging up the street to me.

"Damn Kim, you asked me to walk you home and you leaving a nigga" he huffed while walking next to me. We walked down the block and guess who I seen sitting on the porch of the house. "Shit" I mumbled.

My mom, Cassandra was leaning on the door with her arms folded and her hair blowing in the morning wind. So not only did she know I spent the night out, she knew I spent the night out with Lorenzo.

Ren stopped at the gate and looked at me. I nodded for him to leave. Ren nodded and turned to my mom.

"Good Morning Ms. Cassie" he smiled.

"Morning Ren, good bye Ren" she fakes a smiled. He shook his head and walked back up the block to his street.

"Ma. I can" I began to speak but she walked off the steps and walked past me putting her hand up.

"Just get in the car Kimberly. Now" She rudely replied and slammed her car door.

I rolled my eyes and slowly walked to the truck and got inside. My mom pulled off going towards the street light. She turned and looked at me.

"I leave you alone one goddamn night and what you do? Go out humping and shit, the fuck Kim" my mom yelled. I smacked my lips and looked out the window.

"let me tell explain myself to you Kimberly "You do what you want to do but don't you be having Shayla around none of your 8 ball drinking, street crooked feet dancing friends around her you hear me?" she sternly expressed while making a merge for the inner state.

"Ma why you tripping. You always getting on me about Lorenzo. He's a nice guy you don't even give him a chance" I just stared at her waiting for an answer.

My mom and Lorenzo they have a weird relationship. My mom likes Lorenzo when she wants to like him. Some days he is welcomed in the house. Some days she doesn't even want to hear his name. I don't know what the fuck is her issue, but I'm not leaving Ren alone. Not now not never.