50

Ace Crib, Downtown LA 📍

Ace

Shit has been great since I linked with Rakim. I will forever be loyal to that man he made all this possible, additional to God's blessings. My clientele has been increasing so much that I have created a name for myself besides being Rakim's producer.

I have made beats for Whitney Houston and Baby face, those are just a few R&B singers to name. I remember when Rakim first bought me to Cali, I fell in love with it. The glamour, the women, the scene, it was too ill out here.

I loved California scenery so much that I saved enough bread to purchase a decent sized crib out here in LA. The shit was nice as hell. A whole lot better than piss in the hallways if you ask me. My niggas still come visit me here throughout the year. They don't know If they officially wanna move to Cali. I mean I didn't, but it's a great getaway to get my mind right.

I laid down on my king-sized bed with some headphones, as I listened to a mix that I was creating for Janet Jackson. She mentioned that the track was gonna be featured on her Rhythm Nation album. It sounded like something was missing so I decided to come back to it.

"A nigga hungry" I said I sat up and took the headphones off, throwing it on the bed and getting up.

I walked over to the balcony I had in my room and looked out at the skyline of LA. Shit reminded me of home, except it was always hot as hell out here. As I gazed out into the sunset, my mind drifted to Shayla. Something about that girl I couldn't shake at all. She was perfect I don't see how Eazy could really mess that shit up. Now don't get me wrong, she perfect but I still got some little hoes on the side that I deal with.

Not to sound corny or nothing but if Shayla said she wanted to be with me, I'll get like a magician and make them hoes disappear. She's a different breed, she about something and wants more out of life. I just wish that nigga she fucking with seen it my way, but he too caught up.

"Yo Ace"

I turned around and seen Meek standing there with a bottle of Hennessy and high as kite.

"Let's call some bitches to the crib and chill nigga, you been up here all day. Meek smiled while raising the Hennessy bottle.

I shrugged, "Nah no hos man just order some Chinese food "

Meek nodded and left outside of my room.  I didn't wanna chill around a whole bunch of ho's, I wanted to see If Shayla was gonna pull up so we can just vibe out. I still think about that night where one of Eazy bitches pulled up at the crib, that shit was outta line. If you gonna do dirt, don't ever do that shit where you lay your head.

I grabbed the house phone that was resting on the table in my bedroom and dialed her number. It ranged a couple of times.

"Hello" I heard Shayla answer the phone.

"What's up boo, how's your day going?"

She chuckled a little, "Hey Ace and I guess it's pretty good, how about you?"

I sat down on the bed and smiled at the tone of her voice. Damn she got me feeling funny and shit.

"I'm chilling, I was just thinking about you. I wanted to see what you were doing" I smirked, waiting for her response.

"Umm that's sweet I guess" she replied.

She blushing through the phone, I know she is, I thought

"So, what you doing?"

"Umm just getting back home, I had a girl's day... I really needed it"

Her tone of voice changed when she said "I really needed it" It sounded stressed.