Eighteen

[Shayla POV]

"Ma I'm ready to come back home please" I begged into the receiver of my auntie phone. I heard my mom sigh on the other end.

"Shayla, give me another week and I will bring you back to New York. The admissions office at NYU called my phone and they wanted to tell you that you were accepted" I heard my mom say. I instantly got light headed. "Shayla? You there?" I heard her ask.

"Y-Yeah Mom. You say I got ac-accepted" I leaned on the wall for support.

"Yes Shayla. And your orientation is August 1st, so you had to come back anyway. I'm sorry your trip has to be cut short I hope. - "

"Oh trust me I'm ready to go back home. Rih loves it here though she has a boyfriend" I cut my mom off, Causing her to laugh

"A boyfriend, and you don't? Have you spoken to Quincy?" she asked me. I smacked my forehead. I forgot to call him back I thought.

"Umm I have once or twice since I been here. He up in North Carolina doing his thing".

We spoke for another 30 minutes and my mom explained that my flight leaves for NYC July 30th. I smiled. I can't wait until I go back home. My mind immediately drifted to Eric. Yeah ima miss him but he doesn't deserve me. He has some growing up to do and I refuse to me another one and not the only one. I told my mom I love her and hung up the phone happily.

I walked in the bed room to find Rih painting her toes. "Hey love guess what" I said flopping down on my bed.

"Yea?" she asked while looking at me. "We leaving for New York July 30th" I smiled brightly. My smile instantly faded when I see Rih glare.

"what you mean we going back to New York? I just can't leave O'shea La" she frowned, placing the nail polish back in the bottle and securing the top.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me. You know your mom is not gonna let you stay out here and plus we didn't wanna come in the first place" I said, slightly annoyed.

Rih rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I can't just leave lala. O'shea has been a great guy to me since I've gotten here. He is a great person. I just can't leave I'm in too deep" she paced the floor in deep thought. I slowly rolled my eyes.

"well I'm leaving and I don't care" I smiled and my eyes met with Rih's who face was red and she looked irritated.  She shook her head.

"You know LaLa. I love you but you are selfish bitch you know that?" she spat. My mouth flew open. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Excuse me Rih what the Fu..."

"No Shayla. You didn't wanna go to Cali and begged me to come I did that for you. Your upset that you and Eric can't seem to click because you were rude to him the first night yall met. Now you want me to be happy about leaving Cali now that I've found some one that genuinely likes me?" Rih argued. I had a baffled look on my face.

"I cannot believe your ass. You really about to act this way towards me over some dick?!"

She stepped in my face.

"Don't go there with me Shayla. You're my best friend but I can't leave him and I won't" she lowly said to me and looking away. I placed my hands in the air.

"you're crazy, we weren't even supposed to be here. Eric O'shea none of them would even be existing if we didn't...- "

"YEAH WELL NOW THEY DO" she yelled, cutting me off. This bitch straight lost her mind, staying in California for some nigga.

"where the fuck you gonna stay Rih? Here with my FAMILY" I Exaggerated the Family part. I shook my head. "You have no job, my mom and Marlon...- "

"YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW. U TALKING TO ME LIKE IMA FUCKING CHARITY CASE? THAT'S WHAT U THINK OF ME SHAYLA?" she yelled getting in my face. I swear she is my best friend but if she jumps in my face one more time I'm gonna pop her in the mouth. I tilted my head back.

"I Never said that shit but you're not thinking logically. His dick got you fucking tripping hard Rih. Real hard" I spat back at her. she chuckled.

"OH but yeah you chasing and hoping for a relationship with a nigga who bluntly flaunts bitches in your face. You Probably aint the only girl that been to that beach house Shayla, don't get it fucked up" Rih screamed back.

She paused when she realized what she said. I chewed my bottom lip and nodded, trying to keep the tears from falling.

"clutch" I said. My auntie opened the door with Kim standing behind her.

"what's all the yelling?" she asked looking at both me and Rih. I grabbed my nike  jacket from out the closet.

"nothing, I'm leaving" I mumbled. Rih scoffed and pushed past my auntie and Kim.

"Nah you stay this is YOUR FAMILY RIGHT ILL GO" She walked up the hall and we heard the door slam. I stood there and looked away from my auntie and cousin. Who was staring at me confused.  I sighed.