26

New York University, NY 📍

Shayla

I sat in my Organic chemistry class, annoyed at the world and tired from studying all night for this class. Whoever made this shit has no life or get no ass.

Ever since I left Cali, me and Eric talked on the phone every single day, sometimes for hours when he is not busy in the studio with the guys. He has even talked to me about moving out there with him. I still think A'rihana is crazy for moving out there but she got her own apartment now, where her and cube stay together, until she gets mad at him and make him go home.

I just can't leave school right now. I care deeply for Eric but I know my mom won't approve, especially if I am leaving school for a guy that she hasn't even met, or leaving school period.

I twirled my pencil in my hand as I watch the professor write different figures on the white board.

"I swear I sat in this class and didn't learn a damn thing" I heard a voice next to me.

I looked at it was a dark skinned guy who had a low cut Caesar, a navy blue Nike full zip athletic jacket, a pair of guess jeans and fresh pair of Nike Airmax. I stared at him for a minute. He smirked a little.

"I guess me and you in the same boat huh?" I looked at him, placing the pencil up to my lip.

I've never seen this kid before, probably never since there was 300 students in my lecture hall.

"Word".

It was silence for a second. I leaned back in my chair, staring at the professor. I can feel this nigga eyes burning through the side of my face, causing me to look at him.

"Ummm...Yes".

He chuckled lightly and nodded his head before speaking.

"My bad I was just caught up in ya beauty" he said, causing me to blush a little bit. Before I opened my mouth I heard someone in our row Shh us.

"Thank you" I stared at him for a split second, running my hands through my hair and looking back at the professor.

"Okay class. That's it for today. Your third exam is next week. Make sure you study. It is critical that you pass this test, in a few weeks the final will be here" He yelled over the shuffling of students zipping their backpacks and getting up out of the folding chairs.

I stood up and grabbed my oversized cream' colored long champ bag. I must admit, I was looking pretty good on this spring day. A crème and black half tied shirt with blue high waisted jeans, and a pair of black ankle boots with a little heel and a little nude lipstick.

I walked out of lecture hall and felt a hand pull me lightly by the wrist causing me to turn around. It was that kid from organic. I looked at him and I didn't realize how tall and built he was.

Damn, I thought to myself.

He smiled lightly, placing his hands in his jacket pocket. "I'm sorry Miss. I didn't get your name"

"That's because you didn't ask" I placed my hand on my hip and raised an eyebrow.

"You right but I'm asking you now" he looked me up and down. I puckered my lips and playfully rolled my eyes.

"Shayla" he nodded at me and extended his hand.

"Ace". I raised a brow at him and shook my head smiling.

"Ace. Your mom named you ace?" I questioned him smartly and slowly placed my hand in his.

"Ace is short for Aceon smarty" he said back to me, displaying a full set of 32 pearly whites.

I smirked a little, displaying my dimples. "well"

I shifted my bag under my arm. I started to walk away when he stopped me again, causing me to dramatically turn around.

"Wait" he reached for my arm again and stared at me. "I was wondering if you wanted to stop by the commons and grab something to eat or sum".

I smiled and looked away. "That sounds nice and all but um I kind of deal with someone" I told him, while thinking about Eric. We may not be boyfriend or girlfriend but I still feel like we are something.

Ace shrugged and twisted his mouth a little. "I mean you can kind of have a friend right?" he asked me. I thought for a second.

"Okay" I answered, causing him to smile. He held the door for me as we walked out of the lecture hall.

Ace and I walked down the street to the student food court just talking a little about ourselves. He told me that he is a music production major, and how he is an up and coming producer and rapper in queens, causing a confused look on my face.

"So why you taking organic chemistry. That's way left for a music production major" I asked him.

"Shit I ask myself why now" he laughed. "It was honestly just an elective"

"Some damn elective" I teased him and smiled.

He was pretty cool. I told him about my major and how I wanted to become a pediatrician. He looked down and kicked at some of the leaves on the ground as he listened to me talk.

We finally reached the dining hall.

"Finally" I said. "I'm glad I came. I'm type hungry"

I watched Ace walk up to the door and held it open for me.

"Thank you" I walked into the dining hall.

15 minutes later 

I placed some vinaigrette dressing on my chicken salad as Ace bit down into his subway sandwich.

I couldn't help but feel like I'm on a date but it's not or is it, I thought to myself.

"Shayla" Ace snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at him.

"You okay? I said thank you for coming to eat with me" he said, wiping his mouth.

"Oh it's not a problem. I was hungry any way" I rubbed my belly.

"If you was hungry, why you get a salad" he pointed to my salad bowl. "Most people eat food not leaves ma"

I sucked my teeth, causing him to chuckle a little.

"I'm watching my weight thank you very much" I replied, and stuffing some greens and chicken into my mouth and washing it down with my green tea.

"I respect it, but aint nun wrong with you though. You just right" he lowly said causing me to scratch my head and look away, with my face flushed.

We spent some time sitting there talking. I hadn't realized a whole hour and half flew by while talking to Ace. I told him I was ready to go back to my dorm. I needed to be in the room before Eric called, being that we are on two different time zones.

We left the dining hall and the sun was setting slowly over the city.  We reached my dorm. I turned to look at Ace. This man was fine as hell. those nice ass arms and chocolate skin was driving me crazy.

"Thank you for walking me and lunch" I said while adjusting my bag under my arm. "Although I told you I had dining dollars I could have swiped"

Ace waved me off. "it's cool ma, I asked you remember?" he stepped a little closer to me. my heart started beating rapidly. "You can swipe me next time"

"Next time?"

"Yeah Next time. unless this my last time seeing you? He asked.

"I mean... yeah" I smiled a little.

I hugged him and I felt his arms snake around my hips. I low key sniffed him.

Damn he smell so good, I lightly inhaled his scent. I pulled away from him and took out a piece of paper out of my bag, writing my number on it. Ace smiled and placed the number in his back pocket.

"Have a goodnight Ace" I said while opening my dorm room door.

I closed the door behind me and smiled. I closed my eyes for a split second and opened them, causing me to pause. I couldn't believe what my eyes were witnessing.

Comment. Vote. Follow <3