21

Eric POV

I shook my head as I listened to this phone call. I been on and off seeing this girl named Robyn. She was a little chocolate honey that stayed in Baldwin Hills Area. We met while I was preforming at one of Ren's cousin BBQ. Silver spoon kind of chick. Wealthy parents, never had to struggle for nothing. Spoiled.

"Eric I need you to come see me now it's important" she sneered over the phone. I rolled my eyes and pressed the phone closer to my ear.

"Look Robyn, I'm not going through this. I'm working right now trying to finalize this track with the fellas" I explained while looking over my shoulder at Cube who put his hands up.

"You coming E?" I heard him yell.

"I'm pregnant Eric..." I heard her voice trail off. I felt my heart skip a beat. I instantly started laughing.

"That's the best excuse you have to get me to see you. Quit playing Robyn".

"I'm not playing games. I took a test this morning..." Robyn alleged and got quiet.

Another baby. I thought to myself. I already had Toya in my ear talking about making our relationship work for little Eric now I have another kid one the way. I heave a sigh.

"You sure Robyn? How I even know if it's mine"

"You got to ask Eric. You're the only man I been with" Robyn said, appalled. I heard a beep come through to the phone.

"Hold on" I said and clicked over.

"Yo".

"Hey umm is this Eric" I heard a voice say. I already know that voice no matter how long it's been. I felt my stomach flutter a little bit.

"Yeah who this?"

"Umm. Shayla. How are you" she asked me. I can hear the smile in her voice as she spoke.

"Damn Shayla it's been a minute ma. I'm fine you know?" I spoke into the phone. I swear it felt good to hear her voice.

"I was in between classes and decided to give you a call. It has been some time haven't it?" she said to me. I heard noise in the background like she was in a public place.

"Yeah. How's that college life treating you. Ms. Doc" I grinned, looking down at the kitchen floor.

"Umm. it's okay I just finished taking a Biology quiz. I think I did exceptional" she replied

My mind instantly thought about her being here this past summer and got excited thinking about the last time I felt her body against mines. I went into deep thought thinking about Shayla, then I realized I had Robyn on the other end. I snapped out my trance.

"Aye uh Shayla. Ima talk to you later. I got to go handle something" I said, cutting her off. I heard a brief silence.

"Oh...umm okay Eric it was nice hearing your voice" she said. I nodded as if she could see me.

"Okay baby girl I'll touch basis with you again in a few. Stay sweet" I said and instantly clicking over, not even giving Shayla a chance to say good bye.

"Hello" I said. I heard Robyn sigh and responded.

"Who was you talking to that long?"

"Never mind all that, now about this baby talk" I exhaled and listened to what Robyn had to say.

***

(Shayla POV)

I hung up the pay phone and looked at it. I would have thought that he would have been more excited to hear from me but instead I was met with the dial tone, not even saying good bye to him. I shook my head and headed back to my dorm room.

It was a chili Day in New York City and I loved every minute of it. The beautiful different color leaves blowing around in the air and the rushing of people throughout the city blocks.

I wrapped my warm scarf around my neck and carried my books, while roaming the campus. The wind blew my hair viciously as I walked and thought about Eric. It's been a little over three months and I still get this weird feeling over my body every time I think of him.

The odds of me seeing him again is slim so I need to just stop lying to myself. I haven't heard from Quincy since that night we had the fallout and honestly I think I want It that way.

I finally arrive to my dorm room and used my keys to open the door. I found Taylor on the phone. When she seen me appear in the door way she quickly hung up the phone.

"why you hang up so fast?" I asked her while taking off my leather jacket and placing it on the chair. She froze and smiled.

'Oh nothing La. I just was already finished when you walked in" she chimed with a sly smile on her face.

I shrugged and hopped in my bed staring and playing with the necklace Eric gave to me.

"Tee" I started. She looked over at me.

"You think Quincy will ever call me an talk about what happened?" I sat up in my bed and asked her. she looked at me then away.

"I mean what happen was pretty rough. Why does it matter if you still have that on" she asked, pointing at the necklace.

"Just a thought". I answered. Just a thought.