45

Shayla

I continued dancing and enjoying my time with my girls. Cherelle and Alexander O'Neal Saturday love was blasting throughout the club. Every time I hear this song I think about Eric, which is currently pissing me off. I see him page me four times but I didn't answer it. I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine. I was so busy dancing that I didn't realize some one was behind me trying to get my attention

"Excuse me miss?" He smoothly said to me.

I turned around as I sipped my drink, acknowledging some fool who was probably about to spit game. I sipped my drink and my heart stopped when I see who I was face to face with

He was tall, muscular built, with a fresh hair -cut and one of sexy ass Adidas track suits that I love to see a nigga in. He had diamond stud earrings in his ears with a bottle of ace of spade in his hand. I squinted my eyes at him as the club strobe lights danced across his frame and face.  My eyes had to be deceiving me right now.

I cleared my throat and spoke "Ace?" My mouth dropped.

My mouth was still dropped open. I know I look dumb as hell right now but this shit is like a dream right now. I shook my head in confusion, still with a dumb look on my face

The look on his face showed the same expression as mine. He started laughing a little bit and shook his head as if he couldn't believe it either.

"WOW" he paused as he analyzed me from head to toe. "Shayla? Nah... Hold up...Shayla?"

"Aceon!" I shrieked, damn near jumping in is arms.

He laughed as he wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tightly. Oh my god it felt so good being in his arms and he still smelled so damn good. That same scent from when we first met.

"Damn girl... it's been a minute"

Ace still was fine as ever I must admit. He was looking like a complete snack to me. I guess I was staring a little too hard because he started smiling, looking down at me. I made a face, pulling back from him and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It has been a minute... what are you doing in Cali? since when do New Yorkers come to the west side" I playfully teased, batting my eyes at him.

"I should be asking you that miss. You came here first remember" he replied while staring at me the same way when we first met each-other.

I bit my bottom lip, remembering that I didn't even say goodbye, fuck you or anything to Ace when I left New York. I guess he's gonna send me on a guilt trip. I deserve it I guess.

"We can talk about that but not right now. How long are you in California?

"I got a show to do, this producing shit has opened a lot of doors" He beamed and nodding his head.

"Well what kind of doors. You still in school?

I quickly walked away from the girls before they peeped me all in Ace face, while he followed behind me.  I took a seat on the couch and patted it for him to sit next to me.  He sat down and placed the bottle of Ace of Spade on the table, then turning his full attention to me, resting his elbows on his thighs.

He stared at me before speaking. "Nah..I dropped out" he looked down at his sneakers and back at me. I frowned with furrowed eye brows.

"Why Ace"

"You hear this?" He pointed up in the air, referring to the song. Rakim's "Microphone Fiend" was now playing. I bobbed my head a little.

"Yeah so?

I paused putting two and two together.

"You made this? No fucking way!" I yelled in excitement and shock as well.

I knew Ace had skills but here I am disappointed in him for dropping out but he making beats for Rakim. He smiled slightly and nodded his head.

"So I'm assuming that's who you out here with?" I asked him and playfully pushed his arm, smiling.

He nodded and explained how he has produced many different instrumentals for LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane and of course Rakim, his mentor. We spoke for about another 45 minutes I didn't realize that the club was beginning to close soon. As me and Ace caught up, we didn't notice three other guys coming up to us dressed like Ace. He stood up, dapping the guys up. They all turned and looked at me.

"Yo Shayla these are my bros, Meek, Mel and Jay" Ace smiled as he introduced us and they all smiled at me.

"Shayla...oh hey" I heard Rih say as she looked around at everyone.

I didn't even realize my girls came back. I watched as Meek eye balled Kim up and down while Kim caught his stare and nervously looked away.

"Umm. Girls this is Ace he is a music producer and um he works with Rakim" I introduced them and smiled. I needed to play it cool. I don't need anyone picking up our energy. As Ace and his guys greeted my girls I couldn't help my eyes roam down to his track pants. I sexily bit my lip remembering the last time he laid it on me.

"Yo Ace Rakim ready to be out so c'mon" Meek said while looking at us. "Ladies"

We all waved as his guys started to walk away. I turned and looked At Ace who was admiring my body. I'm damn sure happy I wore this dress tonight. Jackpot.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and whispered in my ear. "Take my number so we can link. I want to see more of you in Cali aight?"

I nodded my head and blushed a little bit while smiling. I was so into Ace I forgot my girls was standing there watching the whole scene. This is that one moment I had a pen in my clutch purse. He took a napkin from off the bar and wrote his number down. I stuffed it down in my purse.

"Aight ladies yall enjoy your evening" he smiled at my girls who was staring at him like he was the baddest thing since Michael Jackson BAD album,

"Shayla" He smiled and winked at me while walking away.

I stared as he walked off. All these emotions that I thought were gone were resurfacing quick as hell. I shouldn't be feeling like this, especially about an old fling with Eric still in the picture. he is my man and although he does shitty things, I can't stoop to his level to do what he does.

"BITCH who was that! "Rih screamed and jerked my arm.

"He was fine as hell girl...don't tell Dre I said that" Michel'le screamed with her eyes wide as hell.

I shook my head as we walked towards the club exit doors. I was ready to go home and relax. Thank god I don't have class or work tomorrow so I can catch up on some school work and maybe go look at some cars as well. It's time I get one. Depending on Rih and Eric was not working for me. I wanna come and go as I please.

We finally reached Rih car as they still asked me a million questions about Ace. I told them I knew him back in NYC since went to the same college, leaving out that we had sex. I looked out the window thinking about Ace the whole time. I should feel guilty but I don't. His smile kept popping up in my head, us having sex. I shook the thought of that actually-happening.

I was the last person that Rih dropped off. I see Eric car in the driveway. I hope he is sleep cause once he sees this dress and what time I'm coming in I know he gonna start an argument.

"Thanks babe" I said while opening the car door.

"Hmm mm mm you know you gotta spill that tea later or ima knock the shit over Lala" Rih yelled and pulled off.

I laughed as I dug in my purse to get my keys to unlock the house door. tonight, was a goodnight. As far as Ace, I may give him a call. it won't hurt. Will it?

Comment. Vote. Follow