38

Ace

Meek and I got on the F train at Rockefeller center and talked about our night.

"Damn Ace so she just got you like that" Meek asked with a surprised look on his face.

"Yeah man buts it what ever I just need to get my mind right real quick. Lets head to my spot and smoke something before I head out again." I answered.

"Where you going" Meek asked.

"That call I got was Rakim asking me to meet him at the studio to work on something" I said rubbing my neck feeling naked without my chain.

"Cool, you bout to be straight again scrap don't about it" Meek said trying to make me feel better. We came to a stop and a voice came through the speaker.

"This is Roosevelt Island next stop 21st street QueensBridge" The conductor said sounding muffled.

Home I thought to myself, all I wanted to do was take a shower and wash this bitch aura off of me. My face started to cringe as the train took off.

"What happened after I left last night" I asked looking at Meek.

"Alpo cracked one of Nas peoples in the head with a bottle and Nas backed the hammer out and started clapping. I got up out of there but I heard no one got hit" Meek continued "I took shawty to the hotel and she blew me to sleep. Niggas told me her pussy was trash so I didn't want to waste my time.",

I cracked a smile looking out the window. "I could respect it"

As we came from out the tunnel I saw brown bricks and a black sign that read 21st street Queensbridge. I stood up and said "This us" and made my way to the door as I waited for the train to stop.

I finally made it to the crib and took the best shower of my life. Meek was in the living room with my dad rolling blunts watching SciFi movies while they waited for me to get dressed. I put on my navy blue Levi jeans, with a black hoody that said Phreshman across the chess in bold white letters, my white and black Nike Cortez sneakers, my Cuban link bracelet that was suppose to match the chain that was stolen, and my twenty inch gold crucifix chain.

I made my way to the living and heard my dad speak. "I told you about them bitches Ace"

I sucked my teeth because I didn't want to talk about it.

"If you would of stayed your ass in school you wouldn't have to worry about bitches robbing you. Do you know why?" He said as he reached for the remote to mute the TV.

"No but I'm sure you're about to tell me" I said sarcastically as I sat on the couch.

"Because them women want to work for they shit"

I sucked my teeth again and looked at Meek as he was trying to figure out which of the three blunts he want to smoke first.

"Shit happens " I replied

"No" he said with quickness. "Shit don't just happen, that shit happened cause you think you can just Ha ha ha and he he he with any chick. Learn when to fall back." He said raising his voice trying to make a point.

"Learn when to fall back" I said mocking him.

"You see that THAT right there is why your dumb ass got booked. You don't have any respect" He said pointing at me.

"Yo Meek what are you doing my Nigga light the fucking weed" I leaned over and took a blunt and lighter off the coffee table.

"What you doing my Nigga you know that's bad luck" Meek said cringing his face. I sparked the blunt and took a pull before I said anything.