Thirteen

[Ren POV]

            I sat on my stoop writing rhymes in my book. I heard some music with a funky ass baseline coming up the street. I looked up and seen Eric pulling up, parking on the curb. He stepped out the car and walked up to me.

"was sup Ren'' he said, dapping me up.

"was craccin E" I said. He looked a little irritated. "You good man?"

He shrugged.

"Lemme ask u something Ren" he started. I nodded.

"why do bitches..." he placed his hands in his pocket. "act so crazy after they fuck u? "I laughed.

"man who u talking bout...Denise?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded. "Shayla too" my smiled disappeared.

"Who you say?". "I swore you said sh- "

"yeaa yeaaa nigga Shayla. Ol girl cousin" E looked up at sky. I shook my head.

"when the fuck this happen. Yall just met and yall already fucking?"

"last night nigga, we went out to the beach and then we just crashed and she started undressing I wasn't even with that but damn Ren when she pulled those titties and ass out and climbed on me nigga I couldn't resist her ass. I love pussy" he explained. I shook my head.

"she knows about" I widened my eyes. E shook his head no.

"How the fuck u aint tell her about your kid already." I asked standing up, dusting my pants off.

"it aint nun of her fucking business. She aint my girl. She tripping hard Ren. Denise called my crib earlier on some bullshit talking bout she misses me, Shayla over head the convo and caught a nasty tude." Eric shook his head and pulled out a blunt and lit it.

I shook my head. "Enough about Shayla. She'll be back" he chuckled. My nigga E is crazy I thought to myself.

***

Shayla

            "HE WHAT, OH NO ILL FUCK HIS SHORT JERRI CURL ASS UP" Rih screamed at the top of her lungs, standing up and placing her hands on her hips.

Kim ran her fingers through my hair and rubbed my back as she consoled me.

Eric was the second guy I ever let have sex with me. Quincy was my first and Eric is my second.  I sniffled and looked up and Rih and shook my head, letting the tears flow down my cheeks.

I don't know why I'm tripping so hard, I thought.

"I guess because he was so nonchalant about it. It hurt" I said. Burrying my face in my hands. Rih shook her head.

"Hey girls. there is some pi.... was wrong with her" my auntie Cassie said looking concerned. No one said anything.  Auntie Cassie nodded her head as a que for the girls to leave the room.

"we love u Shayla" Kim kissed my cheek and her and Rih left, closing the door.  I couldn't even face my auntie. She said no sex and what's the first thing I do.

"I noticed you aint come home last night" she said to me, raising an eyebrow. I twiddled with my fingers and semi looking up at her. I nodded.

"Shayla, I know you was out there doing stuff you had no business and I forewarned you" she said sternly. She kept speaking until she looked at me and seen my face drenched in tears.
"Awe baby" she started rubbing my back.

"I-I don't get it auntie. Why am I so hurt? I never let guys get to me" I sniffled and started rubbing my fingers through my hair.

"your 18 years old.  Shayla, you're so young and beautiful you have all the time in the world to worry about some nappy headed nigga... a short one at that". I smiled a little.