58

CA Hospital Medical
Los Angeles, CA 📍

Shayla

I got a call from Michel'le that they  were at CA hospital as they checked Dre. The hospital ,  wasn't too far, so I slid into a pink Nike hoodie, some high waisted jean shorts and a pair of pink  sandals that I managed to pick up in the yard from when Eric thought it was okay to throw my  shit out on his front yard.

It didn't take me too long to get to the hospital, so I parked my car in the visitor's desk and walked through the sliding doors of the hospital. The bright lights made me squint a little as I approached the receptionist desk, with a little old lady with long curly grey hair sitting behind it.

I smiled softly as she looked up at me with a warm smile as well. This is well needed for a place like this.

"...Hi, Umm I'm here for Andre Young"

"Yes dear, one second.... Andre young...Andre Young" she muttered as she looked on her clipboard filled with the patient's names and location.

"...Oh, here he is, he is in room 506. Take the elevators right behind you and it will be to your right", she smiled. "And your name?"

"Oh, you can put Shayla, thank you ma'am".

She wrote my name down and handed me the yellow tag that had visitors pass on it. I thanked her once again and walked to the elevator and entered it.  I pressed the 2 button and watched the doors close. I was feeling so anxious, not for Dre but more so for seeing Eric. I haven't seen him in a while, so this could trigger old emotions to arise. I know,  I know I shouldn't be thinking about him at a time like this.

I stepped off the elevator as it dinged, bringing me to the 5th floor. I gulped as I seen the whole crew in the hallway. Rih was sitting on Cube lap as she rested her head with her eyes closed on his shoulder as he rubbed her back, Yella was nodding off in the chair and Kim and Ren was standing at the vending machine across from everyone.

"Hey Y'all," I waved as I walked towards everyone.

I watched Rih lift her head up as well as Cube, turning their attention towards my direction.

"Hi baby, glad you came" Rih stood up and gave me a hug.

I shook my head before speaking, "This shit is crazy, I cannot believe that shit happened tonight"

"Yeah who knew two niggas would be fighting over you" Rih joked, giving a sly smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Not now bitch...how is Dre doing? Is the wound bad?"

"Girl with that big ass rock he got for a head, they cleaned him up and bandaged it; he got a couple of stitches but nothing to severe"

I nodded and sighed. I'm glad he got that big ass head. I scanned the hallway, noticing Eric wasn't here.

"Is Le' Okay? She in the room?"

Rih nodded, "Yeah Her and Elf man in there, why you wanna see him?"

"Him as in Dre bitch" I spat.

Rih chuckled, "Hmm mmm you aint fooling nobody but yeah gon in there"

I walked to the room, slowly pushing the door open to find Michel'le sitting on the foot of Dre bed and Eric sitting on the chair on the side of the bed, holding an ice pack to his jaw while Dre flicked through the Tv channels. Their eyes diverted to me, even Eric's as Michel'le jumped up and hugged me.

"Shayla! When did you get here? she squealed as she hugged me, then pulling back, displaying a sincere smile.

"... a Few minutes ago, you okay?" I asked, quickly looking at Eric who was staring back at me like he was in a daze.