23

1987

[Eric POV]

This shit is crazy I thought to myself as me and my homies cruised down Crenshaw. We really were hood fucking celebrities and I was getting more pussy than ever. We had a landed a gig to have some talent scouts come look at us and another guy that Alonzo hooked us up with, Jerry Heller.

"Yo this shit is crazy!" Ren yelled in the back seat of my '64. My song "Boyz in tha hood" was really playing on KDAY station. We were drinking, smoking and just having a good time, living in the moment.

"Here it is on KDAY. Eazy -E and N.W.A "Boyz in tha Hood" which been holding down the number one spot for 3 weeks and counting!" the radio personality spoke, blaring through my car speakers.

"Dre, Cube" I started." Ya'll are fucking geniuses "I yelled, dapping them up.

I put my Locs on my face and swallowed some of the 8 ball that I got from the corner store.

"Damn man, your bout to get hella pussy off this shit" Cube teased jokingly. I turned around and dapped him.

"Speaking of Pussy. When the last time you spoke to Shayla" Yella asked me.

Everyone got quiet in the car, which possessed me to turn the radio down a little bit. I stared at Yella before speaking.

"I-I haven't lately. It's been months actually" I admitted and looking out the window.

The last time I spoke to this girl was when Robyn told me she was pregnant.

"Oh...I-I mean I'm sure she good though" Yella half smiled tensely.

I looked back and saw Ren and Cube look at each other and at me. I shrugged and continued to look out the window.

***

(Shayla POV)

I finished my first semester of my freshman year and I will say it's a tough one. As for Rih. This crazy ass girl has left for California. She had a phone interview to be a unit secretary receptionist at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles.

As far as her living arrangement, she will be residing with my auntie and cousin until she save enough money to get on her feet. It's been a good month and half since she left and I felt like a piece of me left when she did.

Me and Taylor still rocking but not as much. She leaves all hours of the night and won't come back for days at a time. she is so secretive about who she is having relationships with. so pretty much I am a loner. Not that I give a fuck.

I decided to go home and spend the weekend with my mom. I heard my room phone ring and I dived on the bed to answer it

"Shayla speaking" I answered.

"BITCH! GUESS WHAT OH MY GOD" I heard Rih yell into the speaker. I looked at the clock. 10:45pm it read. So it must be 7:45 pm over in LA.

"Yes Rih?" I sighed. Everything has either been about school, work or O'shea. I'm just waiting for the phone call that she pregnant.

"BITCH ERIC AND THE BOYS WAS JUST ON THE RADIO. I HEARD THEIR SHIT ON THE RADIO WHILE I WAS IN THE BREAK ROOM" Rih excitedly screamed.

My mouth dropped. I remember when Eric told me he was going to be a famous rapper. First their buzz around south central, now air play. I can't believe it.

"Oh really! That is great! I know you going to hang with them later and celebrate!" I said, a little excited and sad at the same time.

"Girl yes me and Kim are going over- "Rih stopped talking as I listened. "I'm sorry baby, I wish you was here" she spoke into the receiver. I nodded and smiled little.