Twelve

(Shayla)

"I'm glad you giving him a shot Shayla" Rih beamed while brushing my hair up into a messy girl bun. I can't even front I am so nervous. I haven't been out without Kim and Rih since I been here.

"Thanks Rih" I looked up at her and smiled. Kim was thumbing through a vogue magazine. She looked up at us.

"you gonna give him some?" she asked. Rih and Kim both looked at me.

"Damn can I at least get a meal first" I giggled. I began to answer but my auntie poked her head in the room.

"Uh. Where u going with that tight shirt and skirt?" she raised an eye brow at me and leaned in the door way. I looked down at what I had on. I didn't think it was so bad.

"LaLa gotta date" Rih chimed. Me and Kim both sucked our teeth. My aunt frowned and sighed.

"Lemme guess, with mickey mouse" she looked at me. I chuckled.

"yeah auntie and his name is Eric"

"You got a date too?" she asked. "I know that one aint going nowhere because I said so" she said and head nodded towards Kim. Kim rolled her eyes and continued reading the vogue magazine.

"come here Shayla" she motioned for me to follow her. I sighed and took a last look in the mirror and walked out the room.

"yea auntie" I said and sat down on her bed. She laid in her bed with her little chemise robe on sipping some red wine.

"You like this kid?" she looked at me. I bit my lip.

"Ion him for real to say like but possibly interested"

I looked down and at her. My auntie sipped her wine and parted her lips to speak". "you be careful. That kid is real busy" she sipped her wine. I raised a brow.

"busy?"

She nodded her head. "yes real busy. But get to know him and take your time. I don't like him because he peed in my damn garden" she said.

"You're a smart girl. Trust your judgement. And your intuition" she smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Vanessa did a wonderful job with you. I always knew she would" she smiled. I looked down and warmly smiled.

"Gon' head. I know mickey waiting for his Minnie" she smiled and nodded. I got up and walked towards the door. I turned around.

"Hey auntie..." I said. She looked up.

"I love you" I smiled. She winked. "I love u too. No sexing Shayla" I heard her yell while walking towards the door"

I walked outside and the sun was still out but I know the sun will be setting soon. I closed the door and seen Eric leaning in front of his car wearing a white t-shirt, his black sun glasses, a black LA cap with a dark pair of Lee jeans and some fresh Adidas on his feet. A gold watch and a fat ass gold chain around his neck. Damn, I thought as I walked up towards him. I looked back and seen Kim and Rih in the window making kissy faces. I laughed and shook my head.