Pie Sale

A baking one requested by @fandom_facebase

******

"Alright guys, meet me inside the classroom after you hang your coats," Chef Holian announced as she inspected the unblemished culinary lab. You went to the laundry section in the back of the lab to start up the white stained chef coats.

"Need a help with that?" An unfamiliar voice called behind you. "Uh, sure. Thanks," you looked back to see your classmate Benedict Cumberbatch. He stepped towards the washing machine and took out all the clean towels and coats and inaugurated the dryer while you began the dirty whites.

You both hastily did your job to have enough time to hear what Chef Holian needed to announce. "Benedict! Y/N! Come to the classroom!" She howled loud and clear for the both of you to hear from the back section of the lab.

You hustled to the classroom, Benedict right behind you. "Ok now that everyone's here, I was going to say I needed two people to stay after school to give me an extra hand with the pies. Benedict, Y/N, I see you enjoy extending your capabilities with this class, can I expect you to be here after school?" "Yes chef." Benedict and you respond in unison.

"Alright great, be here 10 minutes after the bell, no excuses. See you two later." Chef retreated to her office. You loosened you silky hair from the restrained pony tail, you got to your backpack and headed out to your next class.

*****

3 more minutes until the bell dismissed the students. "Today's my turn to have my phone connected to the bluetooth." Your best friend said as she was closing her calculus textbook. "I can't fight you today over who wins the bluetooth, I have to stay after school and help chef with the pie sale," You inserted the textbook your backpack. "OH! Get me some free pie!" You chuckled at your best friends excitement.

The bell rang, flocking the high school hallways with hormonal teenagers. You squeezed your way out through the clustered halls. In no time, you were already slipping on a chef coat and binding back your hair. You spent the remaining 5 minutes texting your mom to see if she could pick you up after the pie sale was over.

"Where's Benedict?" Chef asked in a friendly tone while looking down at her watch to check the time. "I'm not sure, I don't have any classes with him." I placed my phone inside my backpack and stood up to begin the sale. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I'm late, I had run a quick errand with Mrs. Tate." He placed his bag next to mine.

"It's fine, dress up, we've got work to do. We're not exactly selling the pies today, I just want to have everything prepped for Friday. Ben, I'll need you to make the dough and evenly spread it out on a pie tin that way Y/N can then border the edges and pour the pumpkin pie filling. Then Y/N, from there on you'll bake the pie and while waiting for the pie to create a golden brown color, you'll make some whip cream for tomorrow. You two want to make as many pies as you can, you have 3 hours. As you can see you two have a lot to do, if you need anything I'll be in my office." Chef prepared a challenging task for only you and Ben.

"Alright, lets get to work!" Ben clapped his hands with adrenaline running through his veins. Before starting you and Ben agreed that your goal would be to at least make 15 pies, a demanding amount for just a duo. Right away Ben collected his dry and wet ingredients to prepare the pie crusts.

You initiated your task of making whip cream while awaiting for the first pies to come. Ben expertly worked through the dough and rolling out the crust evenly. He had 7 pies rolled out for you, ready to be bordered up and baked. You promptly began your primary intention once you finished with the two 40 Qt colossal mixers.

Just as Ben had worked through his expertly, you did as just with ease and had them all bordered up and filled. He got you a sheet pan to place the first 7 in the oven, you set the timer and waited for Ben to roll out some more dough.