Lost Boy (7)

*4 months later*

"Alyssa, your dad has not passed us a single pound. I'm working with what I can. I just finished two damn plays and I'm exhausted," Benedict entered the room he shared with his wife.

"Ben, I can't with it. It cries day and night, I just barely got it to sleep! I need to get go out get a drink or something," Alyssa walked over to Ben. "You just called my daughter an it. You act like she's some sort of monster! I'm not giving you a single pound for you to provide for yourself. I have a daughter to take care of. Go ask your father," Ben roughly walked into the bathroom, he locked the door behind him.

Ben slumped to the floor and let a few tears escape. He's been worked up, every day and night he's constantly working to provide for his family with a few pounds. He was in need of excessive drinking but he resisted with Alyssa's case of horrible parenting. He ripped off his clothing and was preparing a shower when he received a message.

I'm sorry I didn't send you a birthday message. Your mum gave me your bank account. Happy belated birthday. You sent him that message.

Curiosity filled him, with his smart phone he checked his bank account. The number grew 10,000 pounds. He dropped his phone in shock. Without any hesitation he called you. It didn't take long for you to answer. "I can't take the money," was the first thing he told you.

"Hello to you too. I'm doing fine thank you, how are you?" You responded sarcastically. "Sorry, hi. I'm glad your fine, I'm shit thanks for asking. I seriously can't take the money, it's yours," he light heartedly said.

"It's your money now. I just received the information that you have been struggling with financial problems. It was hard to squeeze this information out of Wanda but I did it. Hopefully this will give you a boost," you smiled although you knew he couldn't see it.

"Bloody hell you're an angel," Ben heard his daughter begin to cry as did you. "Duty calls you," there was a somber tone in your voice. "Hold on a second," Ben grabbed his robe and walked out, his daughter continued to cry.

He went to check on her room expecting Alyssa to be carrying her, but she wasn't. He set his phone down and went to his daughters crib, "Daddy's here my darling. Shh shh shh," he picked her up and cradled her. You were witnessing this through the line. "Daddy is here to always love you," Ben pecked his daughters forehead.

You heard a few rustles then Ben whispered back to you, "Sorry, Leila has been having sleep problems. "She sounds beautiful," you croaked. "She is," Ben traced his daughters facial features. "Where's Alyssa?" You curiously inquired.

Ben stayed quiet for a few seconds, "..I don't know." You were baffled, "Did she just walk out on you and Leila?" Ben smiled as you said his daughters name then frowned at the question. "She's been doing that for quite some time now. I don't know what to do anymore," he sighed.

"One thing I'm sure as hell you're not going to do is give her any of the money I just sent you, that's only for you and Leila's necessities. You'll also have Wanda and Tim take care of her when you're busy working, we.. I mean you can't have Alyssa taking care of her like that," you were becoming protective of the 2 month old Leila.

Ben smiled at how much you cared, "I'll make sure mum or dad can take care of her while I work my early shift. Thank you so much for the money, I don't know what I would do without you."

"I'll always be here Benny, whenever you need assistance," it's been quite some time since you've called him that. "Now go put Wendy to sleep, Peter Pan," you and him slightly chuckled at your comment.