Dirty Dancing (8)

Everyone at the table was shocked, especially your dad. He got up without saying a word and left the building. Nobody knew where he went, until you found him hours later. He was sitting at the pavilion, looking at the lake. Jake heard footsteps approaching him. He saw it was you, so he turned his gaze back to the lake and didn't say a word to you.

You stood at the edge of the pavilion and faced your dad. He still wasn't looking at you, even when you were in front of him. "I told you I was telling the truth," you spoke up. Max went to Ben to confirm your allegations. "I'm sorry I lied to you, but you also lied," you felt a knot form in the back of your throat.

Your dad snapped his head towards your direction. "You told me everyone was alike and deserved a break, but you were only talking about the people that are similar to you," tears began to form in your eyes. Jake looked away again. "You told me you wanted me to change the world, but you meant by becoming a lawyer or an economist and marrying someone from Harvard or Stanford," you paused for a second.

"I'm not proud of myself, but I'm in this family too. You can't keep giving me the silent treatment," tears raced down your cheek. Your dad only pressed his lips into a hard line and nodded his head once. "There are things about me that are not what you thought, but if you love me, you have to love all the things about me. And I love you," you began to cry.

"I'm sorry I let you down. I'm really sorry daddy, but you let me down too," you walked away, miserably hiding your sobs. Your dad only turned to see you walk away, he began to silently cry.

*

Nobody found you after that. You had decided to go take a nap, but not in your room. Ben went to the cabin on top of the mountain, where you and him had trained and danced at the party. He found you there.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," Ben sat beside you and woke you up. You sat up straight and hugged him. You didn't want to know about anyone or anything, you only wanted to know that he wasn't going to be fired and that you and him could still be together.

He told you that they finally found the real thieves. "I knew it would all work out!" you enthusiastically said and hugged him again. Ben wasn't smiling, he departed from the hug, "I'm out Baby." You knitted your brows, "They fired you anyways because of me?" Ben got up, "And if I leave quietly, they'll give me my summer bonus."

Your blood slightly began to boil, "So I did this for nothing?" You stood up and began to pace the room, "I hurt my family, you lost your job," you were now pissed, "I did it for nothing!" Ben attempted to calm you down. "Not for nothing Baby. Nobody has done anything like that for me," he looked at you with tender eyes, but that couldn't cool you down.

You were hopeless, everything you did felt like it went down the drain. Ben wanted to give you hope and tell you everything was going to be fine, but how could he tell you that even when he couldn't believe it himself.

*

Before Ben left, he went to your dad's cabin. It didn't go like Ben had planned it to go. Ben had planned to go in peace, explain and thank him for what he's done, but your dad didn't let Ben speak. Jake got Ben to feel offended and pissed. He still believed Ben was the one that got Penny into trouble and he was still furious about you and Ben sleeping together.

Jake told him that he only saw a guy that was a troublemaker, someone that only caused problems and got people in trouble. Ben had to look away for a few seconds; he thought it was useless to reason with him now. "Yeah, I guess that's what you would see," Ben put on his sunglasses and walked away.

You were with him as he put everything in his car. Although there was only one day left, it was still hard for you to be there without him. Ben tried to lighten up the mood by saying a few jokes. He also wanted to hear you giggle and see your beautiful smile for the last time.