Stunt Double (1)

"Cut," Feige said through a megaphone to pause the recording, "Stunts, your turn." You jogged to the platform with Black Widows uniform and wig on. The makeup department made sure to hide your face while you took Black Widows fighting scene.

You stood in a crouched position, your head hung low and you waited for Kevin to continue the scene. It was a matter of a few punches and kicks to do, as well as receiving some yourself. In the end, you ended up in another crouched position.

Feige yelled cut once more. Scarlett promptly ran to the position you were in and took your place while you ran behind the cameras. A crew member brought you water. You began to chug it down while walking.

Your steps quickly to a stop when you bumped into someone. "Sorry," you stepped back. "It's alright, my fault," the cast member, Benedict Cumberbatch, smiled at you.

"Was that you throwing those punches a few minutes ago?" Ben curiously enquired as the both of you walked the same way. "Yeah, I'm her stunt," you continued to drink the remaining of your water.

"Poor other stunt, you gave him a good beating," Ben joked; he had switched his British accent to an American one. You chuckled, "That's what I do for a living, but he got me good too." You unzipped the front and pulled just enough off the shoulder to show your bruising arm. You made sure nothing else was showing.

He sharply inhaled, "Oh, that looks big." Anybody would've thought he was being overdramatic, but he was serious. In that moment, you realized Ben was a tall man with a soft heart. "It's really nothing compared to my other injuries," you zipped up the shirt.

"I would love to have a scene with you, but I'm afraid you'll either quick my ass or break my ribs," Ben jokingly said. "That would be quite interesting," you chuckled.

It was time again for you to retake the scene. Ben stayed to watch you do your moves again. He was genuinely intrigued. Ben wanted to talk to you more, maybe it would've been easier if he had asked for your name.

At the end of the scene, you couldn't stay to chat. There were other things you had to do. Ben was a bit disappointed, but he also had to go to the makeup department to begin his Doctor Strange appearance.

He forgot about everything that same day. He was too busy, everything he thought about was a mess, scrambled with other information, or he completely forgot about it. Ben might have forgotten to ask Scarlett for your name, but by midnight, he suddenly remembered your brilliant smile.

***

"Ask Scarlett for stunts name. Ask Scarlett for stunts name," Ben repeated to himself as he made his way to a training room. There was unexpected change of plans, Ben needed to promptly start practicing his fighting scenes. He didn't mind, they were always fun for him.

Ben walked to the room he was appointed to. When he entered he heard someone practicing on the punching bag. Turning the corner, Ben saw a woman in a sports bra and leggings. She had boxing gloves on, punching the hell out of the bag.

You turned around and proceeded to take off the boxing gloves, "Hello Mr. Cumberbatch." He gazed around the the room, "Are you my trainer?" You wiped away your sweat with a nearby towel, "Yup."

Ben knitted his brows, "Doesn't this mean we'll be fighting a scene?" You smiled and passed him some light cushioned gloves, "Yeah. I hope you know how to receive some punches." Ben let out a bellowing laugh, his voice was so deep and raspy.

You had to admit it, the beginning of the training was a bit awkward. You also noticed he tried to avoid eye contact for some odd reason. That all began to vanish once you and him talked during the warmups. The both of you began to loosen up with each other. By the end of the warmups, you and Ben felt comfortable and friendly with each other.