Call Out My Name (1)

"Tom, please. I want to go home, I don't want to be here," you whined as you loosely grabbed onto your glass of whiskey. "I promise, it'll be a short, quick, charity event," Tom Holland, your best friend, assured. "You know that you can invite me to whatever you want, but not now. Not after what's happened," you spoke with a somber tone.

"Ok, let me just talk with some people and we'll leave after that," he squeezed your hand before walking away. You heavily sighed and rolled your eyes. You brought the glass of whiskey up to your lips, but as soon as you tasted the rich alcohol, you put your hand back down.

Tom was nowhere to be found anymore. It was a spacious room that could probably fit around 500 people. You and Tom had arrived and walked to one of the corners of the room. A charity poster was behind you with other decorations that could bring a lot of attention, but nobody around you paid attention to you. That was the good part about being friends with a celebrity, they only talked to you if they saw Tom was with you.

You had no idea why you agreed to accompany Tom. Oh wait, you never agreed to go with him, he just dragged you along. You set your glass down on a nearby table and stood by the corner, scavenging the room. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see a tall, lean figure talking on the phone.

"Yes, I'm here at the corner," he let out an exasperated sigh. "Are you almost here, because if you're not then I'll leave," he now stood in place and observed the room. "Fine, 10 minutes max. If you're not here by then, then I'll leave," he hung up and slid his phone in the pocket of his pants.

Out of curiosity, you turned your gaze towards the familiar voice. It was the one and only Benedict Cumberbatch, with another whiskey glass in his hand. He perceived your eyes on him and switched his gaze towards you. A weak smile appeared on both your expressions.

He took a few steps towards you and leaned down to kiss your cheek like an old friend. "Hey," he faintly said. "Hi," your voice slightly croaked. Ben took a swig of his drink and cleared his throat, "I'm sorry for your loss." You staggered a sigh as you were reminded about your loss. With a dim smile, you thanked him.

"I'm sorry about what happened with your ex girlfriend," you spoke up too. The reminder made him gulp down his whole glass. You grabbed your untouched glass of whiskey and passed it to Ben. He slightly smiled at you and exchanged glasses. "Don't you want a drink?" he questioned before taking a drink of yours.

"No thank you, I'm still grieving and getting over a breakup," you took your eyes off of him and looked elsewhere. Ben had brought up the glass to his lips but didn't take a sip, he brought the glass down. He only knew your father died, but not that your boyfriend broke up with you.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but why are you here? I'm only saying it because I know what one of those feelings feels like, and trust me, I don't want to be near anyone or with anyone at the moment," he got you to look at him again. "I was dragged here by Holland," you responded truthfully.

"Makes sense, Hiddleston begged for me to come," Ben mentioned. You slightly scoffed, "Both Toms dragged us here, but there are no where to be found." Ben scavenged the room again, you were right. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say they did this on purpose," he took a sip of the drink. You knew he was being sarcastic. Both Toms wouldn't purposefully bring you out in public and then leave. Not even after knowing both of you are going through a heartbreak.

Tom has been begging you to start going out and to talk to people. Maybe both Toms set Ben and you up to talk. "You did come by here maybe 30 seconds after Holland left," you informed. "Hiddleston also gave me a very vivid description of the corner. Now I'm wondering, how was he able to describe this corner without him being here?" Ben playfully scratched his chin. The air between you two had lightened up. "Why would they want us together, alone anyways?" you questioned.