Sorry (4)

Friday was finally here, Aquilo would perform at the café today and you would stand by the stage observing their concert without having to work. Ben didn't want to go but Olivia made him.

Tom sat next to you, "They'll love you're song." You chuckled but didn't say anything. Just as you turned to gaze at the door you saw Olivia and Ben enter. You knew Ben overheard Tom's and your conversation so you wondered why he was at the café.

"Hello, good evening. We just want to thank the manager of the café for this opportunity. We'll be starting off with this first song made by one of our closest friends and composer of amazing music, [Y/n] [L/n]." The audience clapped.

In the last second you got on stage and placed yourself behind the piano, Tom gave you a compassionate smile. "The song is Sorry." Tom looked back to you and you gracefully played the first key notes. You could tell just the few notes had captured the cafés attention.

"The note you wrote upon the shell
The frozen air in Silverdale"

You continued the melancholy tune.

"My heart was breaking by the shore
And I couldn't give anymore
And I'm still shaken, and crawling back again
And all my brothers and all my sisters are gone"

The chorus was approaching.

"I'm sorry that I let you go,
I'm sorry that I cared
I'm sorry that the feeling shows and I just wasn't there.
I'm reminded of the fool I was
I cut you off and fucked it up again.
I'm sorry that I let you go,
I'm sorry that I cared"

Tom sang in a perfect tone capturing everyone into the lyrics. You looked up from the piano and immediately spotted Benedict, his eyes seemed to glisten from where you were. Tom continued to sing the lyric and you occasionally joined him in at just the right time, singing the chorus with him.

Your voice trembled with all the emotions you tried to hold within. Your hands slightly shook both from stage fright and from the emotion the song radiated. You were able to write this song because of what happened with Ben and you. It was much more painful to reveal your feelings when he was there accompanied by Olivia.

The café stayed silent as your fingers danced on the last rhythmic notes. You glanced up after your finger played the last keys. Claps filled the café, Tom parted from the microphone and embraced you. The other member, Ben Fletcher, got up as well and hugged you from the back.

You huddled with them for a few seconds before walking off stage to enjoy the show. Your mind had completely forgotten about Ben being in the audience. You smiled brightly at the boys played their other song.

You moved your head to the side and saw Ben desolately staring at you. His arm was around Olivia's shoulder, she was playing with his other hand. You bit the inner corner of your lip and kept gazing at him. Olivia followed Benedict's eyes and saw what he was looking at.

She grabbed his chin and averted his gaze from yours. Out of the blue, she began making out with him, dropping your heart to the pit of your stomach. You wanted to turn away but there was a force that didn't let you.

He opened his eyes and checked on you while he had his hand in Olivia's cheek and lips attacking hers. You wiped away a tear and direct your view to the stage. Your hands were shaking, mixed emotions surfaced of rage and distraught. He was invading your mind again, you forgot about your friends preforming on the stage and remembered the memories of you and Ben together.

Tom, from the stage, saw you were uneasy, he nodded his head once. You presumed it as permission to leave. Grabbing your cardigan, you pushed passed the crowded place and got yourself out of there.

***

Month after month passed. You made new friends but never another partner. Your strongest bonds were with the bands you met that preformed at the café, such as Panic! At The Disco (who you already knew), Twenty-One Pilots, Weezer, Fall Out Boy and many more.

Brendon was your old pal, so he would mostly hangout with you. He knew what happened at his party the night of graduation. Brendon was also aware of the dick move Ben did. Although he and Ben were friends, Brendon would purposely flirt with you when he saw Ben around.

Among the thousands of rooms on campus, you still decided to study at the café where Ben usually was. Brendon was there with you once and bought you a drink and a few snacks. His goal was to always make you giggle and occasionally kiss you at the corner of your mouth.

The first time he did that you were completely shocked, but by now you had gotten used to it. It was perfect since it looked like Brendon was kissing your lips from Ben's perspective. Brendon sat on the sofa with you, his arm around your shoulder. He opened your mouth to give you snacks making you giggle every time.

One day you joined along with the cruel joke and made a plan with Brendon. He took a blanket big enough to cover the both of you from the waist down. Along ten minutes was the time Ben usually glanced up to see what you were up to, that was your cue to begin.

Your hand glided from Brendon's stomach down under the blanket and stopped where his member would be. Brendon made fake groans catching Ben's attention again. He leaned into your ear, "Kiss my neck," he threw his head back. You began kissing Brendon's neck leaving wet trails of sloppy kisses and slightly moving your arm up and down.

Ben had forgotten about his studies, he saw as you slowly bobbed your hand and Brendon thrusting his hips. You bit your bottom lip and Brendon began fake panting, just audible enough for Ben to hear but quite enough to have a low cover. You looked over to Benedict, his gaze burned through your soul.

You knew he was boiling. Raging, he slammed his book, collected his stuff then left. Brendon opened an eye to see Ben go, he sat upright and began chuckling. You took your hand out from under the blanket and chuckled with Brendon, "Did that just happen?" Brendon had to wipe a few tears before settling down again. This time you and him actually studied.