It's Not for Me to Say (2)

Ben and James arrived in time, before the bride did. Ben made a few last checks to see everything was in order. "We're good to start," he went to James side. The doors to the church opened revealing a beautiful bride.

Ben wasn't distracted the first few hours since he had to make sure everything was in order for his best friend to have an unforgettable day. It wasn't until the venue where Ben received the anxious feeling that didn't dare leave him.

His leg bounced up and down under the table. James placed his hand on his knee, "Mate you'll cause an earthquake. She'll arrive any minute now." Ben heavily sighed, "Yes and the fact that I have to wait at least three hours to talk to her isn't quite helping."

James chuckled and passed his best man a glass of whiskey, "Drink, but don't do it excessively. You wouldn't want to make a fool of yourself when talking to her again." Ben rolled his eyes and downed the drink.

The musical performance of the people on stage was about finished. It was your turn to go on stage with the rest. You never felt nervous performing, except for that event. It's the first time you've had the feeling of butterflies flapping their wings around in your stomach.

"Is everything alright?" The back up pianist enquired. You conjured a smile, "Perfect." It was mandatory for her to wear the same dress, mask and hairstyle as you; a precaution if anything were to happen. "It's time," someone called.

You got up on stage along with the rest and gracefully sat at the polished white piano. You gazed towards the crowd, everyone looked the same. Your attention was averted to the keys and soon began the first song.

After the first three songs people got up and began dancing. The only one you could distinct from the crowd was the bride and her glorious dress. She got up from her table and made her husband dance with her; he didn't complain.

Around an hour and a half had passed, there was an interlude for you and the rest to take a quick 30 minute break. "Still feeling alright?" The singer asked you. Your eyebrows knitted, "What do you mean?" He took a sip of his water, "I saw what happened yesterday and your bright smile once you came off stage."

You blushed, "It was nothing really." He didn't believe you, "He's here isn't he, but you can't recognize him. I don't blame you, there's a sea of them." You gazed to your feet, a sense of solemn hit you. He lifted your gaze, "Although, I may be able to help you reunite with him again. All I know is that he's the best man."

Not short after, everyone got back onstage; there were a few quick arrangements. You sat at the piano, your fingers trembled with the plan you had in mind.

Before the whole performance ended, the singer made a small interlude. You exited the stage and never went on again; your backup took your place.

From across the room James went to Ben, "Mate this is it. Go wait for her at the stage." Ben sheepishly smiled; he got up at the same moment the song began.

"It's not for me to say, you love me
It's not for me to say, you'll always care
Oh.. but here for the moment
I can hold you fast
And press your lips to mine
And dream that love will last"

The spacing through the table was unbearable; Ben decided to walk through the dance floor. You were offstage looking towards your destination, you walked through the dance floor to give you time to think before getting to him.

Ben's mask was in the way, but all that was in his mind was you and how he needed to get there before the song ended. This wasn't your smartest idea of walking through a slow dancing crowd, but you where already far in; there was no going back.

"As far as I can see, This is heaven
And speaking just for me, It's ours to share
Perhaps the glow of love will grow
With every passing day"

You and Ben squeezed through the crowded space. You were midway through the crowd when you pumped into a lean, firm body. He seemed hurried but all his motions stopped when he encountered you.

"Or we may never meet again
But then it's not for me to say"

His mask was in the way of his vision; you timidly put it in its rightful place. He was sweating from the heat radiated from everyone in the room but you didn't mind. He grabbed onto your hand and placed his other on your back.

You had no idea who this stranger was but he made you feel warm inside. His body was pressed against yours swaying to the rhythm of the song.

"And speaking just for me
It's ours to share
Perhaps the glow of love will grow
With every passing day
Or we may never meet again
But then it's not for me to say"

You felt yourself glowing with him. They last keys to the piano were played and he dipped your body. The singer payed his gratitude towards everybody and exited the stage. The both of you became worried, you needed to get to Ben's table. You gazed to the stranger one last time and disappeared in the less crowded dance floor.

Ben frantically looked towards the stage; he thought he missed the opportunity to see you once again. He looked back to where his table was and watched as the woman he just danced with was engulfed with the rest.

He was dazed, the energy she gave off was so familiar but yet so indistinguishable. A hand shook him out of his shock, "Ben, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with that girl." Ben observed James and back at his table, the stranger he had danced with was there. "Yes I should," Ben responded; he walked the opposite direction from the stage.

His footsteps were in a hurry, he pushed and squeezed through the crowd. The stranger would go out of his sight but he'd instantly catch her again.

You paced near the table, he wasn't there and you didn't have any other resort to go to. A waiter passed by and you grabbed a drink. Your mind took you to your recent dance with the stranger. He seemed so familiar yet you couldn't tell why.

You took a sip of the alcoholic drink. His eyes. It was the eyes, yes. The ones you totally fell for the day before. Your head snapped to the dance floor. The man who you thought was a stranger squeezed through everyone until he was finally out.

He examined his surroundings; he was searching for someone. It was almost if your gaze was a magnet force to him. You began walking to him as he made eye contact with you. His steps were much more hurried than yours.

An intense feeling of euphoria overcame you. He approached you with a panting breath. "Y/n," he placed his hand on the uncovered part of your face. You smiled and held his face in your hands, "Ben."

A relief chuckle escaped both of you; he embraced you in a tight hug. You lifted his mask and saw his eccentric beauty once again. An impulsion ran through your veins; you leaned up and placed your uncovered lips on his.

He lifted your mask and passionately returned the kiss. Your hand ran through his moist curls. He broke the kiss to regain air. His forehead was against yours, "I thought I was never going to meet you again." You pecked his lips and caressed his cheek, "I guess it's not for us to say."