High School Nightmare (2)

You attended all the school events; not because you wanted to, but because you were required to. After every night, you would hangout with your friends and talk with the student athletes. During one soccer game, you were required to go and cheer in your tiny, fitted outfit. After the game, you completely forgot you didn't grab a coat or anything warm to cover yourself with.

A member of the varsity team offered you his jacket when he saw you shivering. "Are you sure?" you hesitated to grab the warm jacket. "Positive. Look at me, I'm literally steaming and I'm sweating," Jackson, a junior friend and the varsity player, said. You looked to his heated body and gladly took the jacket from him.

He smiled and got his phone out of his bag. "You can take the jacket home, but I'm going to need your number," he slyly smiled. "Sweet move," you admitted. "Thank you," he shared a smirk with you. A few days later, you and him started to date.

Pom cheer wasn't your only hobby. Your peers and the older cheerleaders recommended you to join extra curricular activities and get involved with the student council. After the first semester, most of the school and staff knew your name. You had a great reputation and a lot of friends.

It was February, a lot of things have changed since you started school in August. Even though it was February and it was cold outside, you still wore shorts or skirts. You barely talked to Ben, but you didn't do that on purpose; you just didn't have time. Of course you and him would talk in class, but most of the time you and him were taking notes and had five minutes to catch up.

He knew about Jackson and you, but he seemed hurt and you didn't know why. Ben knew about most of the things changing in your life, but he didn't bother to comment on them or say anything about it. He was just glad that he could spend at least a few minutes with you before you were either dragged away by your friends or Jackson.

It was also difficult for Ben to approach you. According to the students, he was a nobody compared to you. Most kids didn't know his name, but everyone knew your name. In math, you were paired with Ben to work on a math project. You knew he was utterly horrible at math, so you knew he was going to need your help sooner or later.

Ben thought that maybe he could steal you away for a whole lunch if he needed your help with the project. He was nervous to walk up to your table, but he did it anyway. Jackson had his arm over your shoulder while he was telling a story that you were deeply engrossed in. Ben walked up the moment everyone was sharing a laugh.

"Erm, [Y/n]," Ben stepped up to your table. You didn't hear him since Jackson was whispering something into your ear. "The scrawny guy is calling you," one of your friends, not so quietly, told you; Ben heard.

You averted your eyes from Jackson and met them with Ben's. You rolled your eyes at your friend, "His name is Ben." You got up, and began to walk away with Ben. "I'm sorry about that," you swept a few pieces of stray hair behind your ear. "Yeah, me too," he mumbled to himself. "What?" you curiously asked.

"Oh nothing. I'm sorry I was interrupting your boyfriends hand from going up your skirt; or was it already there, fingering you?" his attitude was strong and rude; you were honestly hurt by that. "What the hell Ben?" you changed your expression to a confused, yet serious one. He took a step forward to apologize, but you only pushed him away. Jackson saw from afar and got up from the table.

"[Y/n], I'm sorry," Ben attempted again. "What's wrong with you," you knitted your brows. Ben scoffed, "Me? That's a nice one, great fucking jok–"

His sentence was interrupted as Jackson's fist met his face. "Jackson! Stop," you held onto his arm. Ben was now on the floor. A single tear escaped your eye, Jackson wiped it away. "You're fine baby," he kissed your forehead. Ben rose his head revealing a busted lip with a bloody mouth.