The Nanny (2)

You agreed to do the job, but you weren't going to take Dani to your flat. It wasn't fair for an innocent girl to be moved around from her real home because her mother can't stand the nanny. Ben said it was fine, Emma had no saying in this.

The first week was probably the hardest week. Dani wasn't the one bothering you. It was Emma who made it a dreadful week. She saw no reason why she should be home all day, so left and didn't bother to arrive until past midnight.

There was no way in hell you were going to leave every night at 3 in the morning and return the next day at 8. After the tiring week, you cleaned a few sheets and cleaned out the guest bedroom, that's where you were going to stay for the next four months.

It was a daily thing for Emma to be gone. She didn't care about her daughter and she hated you, there was no reason for her to stay home. There were nights were she wouldn't come home; you didn't have the heart to tell Ben.

Dani needed her mother, but instead she had you. She didn't complain about her mum not being with her, she always enjoyed your company. Ben always got a daily call from you and Dani.

"Daddy, when are you coming home?" Dani questioned. "Very soon, my princess," Ben replied. She was always happy when Ben and her called.

*

After being away for four months, Ben was exhilarated to be back home with his daughter. He quietly entered his home, he wanted to surprise her. "This is the best day ever mummy," Dani chanted through giggles. Ben's eyes grew wide. His heart pounded in his chest, a smile cracked on his lips. Emma was finally spending time with their daughter.

He carefully traveled to the living room. He still hadn't seen her, he only heard her voice. "Dani, you're an absolutely brilliant and wonderful girl, but you can't keep calling me mummy. If your mum hears you calling me that, I'm afraid I won't be able to take care of you anymore," you caressed Dani's hair. A small frown began to appear on Dani's lips, she didn't want that.

"That's never going to happen," Ben said appearing from the corner. Dani's frown disappeared. She stood up and ran to her father's arms. You smiled and stood up from the floor. You began to nip at your bottom lip, he had heard Dani calling you mummy.

Ben carried Dani in his arms. He walked over to you and greeted you in one of his comforting hugs. "I've missed you so much princess. How was [Y/n] treating you?" Ben playfully directed to his daughter. "Very, very, very, very, very good," Dani replied with a smile that could light up a million suns.

Ben began to peck his daughter with a bunch of kisses causing her to laugh. Her laughs cheered you and Ben. He played with her for a while, in the meantime, you picked up the toys Dani was playing with before her dad surprised her.

Ben, once in a while, would look at you and share a tender smile with you. For some odd reason, you felt butterflies to the stomach and timidly smiled back at him. You sat on his couch while him and Dani played. "Daddy, I'm hungry," she said after she calmed down her laughs.

"Do you want some takeout?" Ben gazed up to you. "I've actually made dinner, it's almost ready," you said. "Dinner is almost ready pumpkin," Ben turned again to his daughter. You went to go check up on the food again while Ben played more with Dani.

After a few minutes, the three of you were eating the delicious lasagna you did. Ben was praising your food. Dani, was eating while battling to keep her head up. Her eyes were closing by themselves. Once Ben finished, he picked up Dani and took her to her room. You stayed behind to clean up.

A while later, you heard Ben coming downstairs again. He found you in the kitchen, cleaning the last dishes, "At what time does Emma come back?" You turned off the faucet, "Around 4 in the morning." Ben leaned his back against a wall, he shamefully looked down to the floor and covered his face. You dried up your hands and walked his way. He was being strong for his daughter; now that she was asleep, Ben could finally speak his mind.