Shorty (10)

A/n: I highly recommend for everyone to listen to the music and search up the lyrics, that way the chapter makes more sense.

* 2 months later*

"He's so big now. Baby Tim is going to be like his Uncle Robert when he grows older," Downey said through the Facetime call. "Let's hope not," you giggled. "Hey, I'm a great role model," Robert kiddingly retorted. "At times you are, but I don't want my son to go out partying every weekend," you caressed your baby's hair. He looked up at you and smiled showing his 2 teeth that were growing.

"So how's everything?" you questioned Robert. It was your first Saturday off after a few years, Lindsay decided to hire new people and let you spend more time with your baby. You and Robert were calling like usual. "Oh you know, it's fine. I can't wait for spring break," Downey avoided looking at the camera. "You're hiding something," you immediately noticed.

"No I'm not," he avoided the camera again and harshly gulped. "Oh stop it, I knew you Downey. What's going on?" you set your baby down on his crib and gave him a little toy to distract him. Robert let out a huge sigh, "I don't even know Shorty. It has to do with Ben." You still wanted to hear what was going on because it clearly bothered him.

"Ben is going to stop being the quarterback of the team because...he says football isn't for him anymore. He's lying to me because I went into his dorm to get my laptop and...I found all types of drugs in there. I want to think it's his roommates, but I don't even know what to think anymore. He's been acting so distant lately and he looks malnourished. I also know he's been sleeping around, and he's making girlfriends with the snap of his fingers. Ben's also skipping class to go to this bar where we met a guy. I don't remember his name, but he goes by Felly. I think he's been giving Ben the drugs," Downey let it all out.

It was a lot to take in. "Wow, erm, I don't know what to say," you were in a sort of shock. "Yeah, me either," Downey seemed downhearted. "That's not the Ben I know," you unconsciously commented. "It's the Ben he's become, I don't know how or why," he replied back. The moment was interrupted as someone entered your room.

"I brought pasta," Jonathan excitedly announced as he walked in. You slightly smiled. "Is that Jonathan?" Downey quirked his brows, his mood completely changed. He witnessed as Jonathan leaned down and connected his lips with yours. "What's sup dude," Jonathan waved at Downey. "Erm, not much," Downey was in a little shock. "Cool," he said then directed to you, "I'll wait in the kitchen while you finish." You smiled, "Ok."

"Hey little buddy, let's leave your mommy to talk," Jonathan grabbed Baby Tim and took him with him. "Ummmm, excuse me? When in hell were you planning to tell me you were in a relationship?" Downey pretended to be fake mad once he heard Jonathan leave. "It's been a few days only, I wanted to test the waters first and then begin to tell people," you chuckled. "I am...offended," Downey made a funny gesture. You kept laughing.

"In all seriousness, I'm glad you've started something new. Something good. I'm happy for you Shorty," he said. "Thank you, Robert. I miss you," you lightly smiled. "I'll be there in a month. I'm taking Ben with me because I can't leave him here by himself," Downey's mood changed. "I completely understand," you replied. "All right, erm, I have a paper to start and you have some pasta to eat. Bye Shorty, we'll talk later," Downey said his goodbye as did you.

***

Half a month passed by, you were peacefully sleeping in your bed until you heard your phone ring. You didn't wake up in time to answer it, but you saw you had multiple missed calls from Ben. You were about to call him, but you received a message from him. You opened it and saw he sent you a youtube link.