Salt (4)

One of the plenty girls saw Ben walking towards the group. "He really can't stay away from you more than 10 minutes," she commented. "He's a jerk, but hot as hell," another tried to say inaudible. "I know," you sniffled and looked the way Ben was coming. He was a bit freaked out as he saw the six women comforting you, they were all glaring at him.

"[Y/n], I need a word with you," he motioned for you to stand up. "I don't think so mister. She's not going anywhere, especially since you didn't ask nicely," one of the 6 girls spoke up. Ben rolled his eyes, "[Y/n] may I please have a word with you?" One is the girls placed her hand on your shoulder, "You don't have to go sweetie."

You were already drunk, might as well talk to him. You got up and quickly thanked them for listening to you before you followed Ben. He took you through this little hallway, where the music wasn't as loud. At the far end of the hallway was a door to the right, he opened it and let you enter first. It was a small office with a little window and almost no space. "What do you want Benedict?" you sounded exhausted.

"I want to apologize," he sincerely said. You shook your head and made your way to the door, but he stopped you. "Why don't you want to hear it?" Ben held you by the arms. You began to frown, "Because if I do, I'll be stupid enough to forgive you." The bold, rough expression Ben had a few minutes ago vanished. The frown you had almost matched his. Ben brought you in for a hug.

You weren't expecting that to happen, but you didn't care. You wrapped your arms around his torso and began to sob into his chest. "I miss you, so, so much," you croaked. "I'm sorry I ever hurt you," he caressed your hair and put his face near your head. When he kissed your head, you broke down into more tears. "Why did you do it?" you asked between whimper.

He had no response. "Please Ben, I want to know. I want to know how she was better than me. What was I missing?" you shut your eyes and let the tear involuntary race down your cheeks. "She was never better than you. You had everything and I fucked up. You're not missing anything because you're...you're perfect. She wasn't better, and she still isn't," he looked you in the eye.

"Still isn't?" you quirked your brows. "We've been together since that night," Ben somberly mentioned. You took a step back, not wanting him to touch you anymore. "Then why are you acting like this with me. Benedict, stop trying to hurt me," you wiped your tears, your senses coming back to you. "I thought you were over me and I wanted to make sure," regret filled his tone. "Well, now you know I'm not," your voice cracked at the end.

"I want us to be okay," he blurted out. You were actually baffled by his confession. "How in the hell do you want us to be okay, after everything we've been through?" you sounded more furious than confused. "We can be okay. Especially since I know how you still feel about me and I know you want to forgive me. I won't hurt you anymore, I promise. I want to protect you when you're here. I want to save you from idiots like the one earlier today," he reached out for your hand.

You hesitated to grab onto his hand; eventually, you did. "God, I hate that you can still convince me," you sniffled and wiped away your last tears. "I'm glad I can, that way I can still see you from time to time," he admitted. You glared at him. "In a friendly way," Ben proceeded to say. You deeply inhaled and let out a sigh.

"All you have to do, is text me a random thing and I'll walk straight to you when you're in trouble. Lately I haven't been working too much because of you, and I need to go back to work," he tried to cheer up the tone. You weakly smiled.

It was a plan. You and Ben would exchange numbers. That way, he wasn't going to visit you as often as he did when you sat at the bar, but he was going to save you from guys you didn't want to talk to.

***

"Where have you been. It's 3 in the morning and you weren't answering your phone," Isabelle scolded you. "We've been worried sick," Tom followed her. They realized you were wearing your night club dress and your heels. "Please tell me I'm thinking incorrectly," Isabelle said as she followed you to your room. "What are you thinking," you were slightly drunk at the moment.