Dating An Angel (1)

"Mr. Cumberbatch over here!" A reporter retorted to get Benedict's attention. Karon encouraged Ben to answer the interviewers question. Before going to him, Ben turned around to you and gave you a kiss to the temple.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Cumberbatch," the interviewer firmly shook his hand. "Please just Ben. I'm not that old," that got a few giggles from you and the reporters.

"Well I'd like to start off by saying congratulations, I'm aware this is your first time coming to the Golden Globes." The interviewer started with a few simple questions making sure Benedict didn't answer his usual lengthy responses.

"Yes, first time. Sadly I'm not nominated, but I'm sharing this experience with my gorgeous girlfriend," Benedict turned his gaze towards you and gave you a knee-weakening smirk. "She really is beautiful, becoming the best in the Victoria Secret model industry."

You were now closer to Ben attempting to grasp onto everything they were conversing about.

"She might be a Victoria Secret model, but that's not why I fell in love with her."

~~
About 2 years ago Benedict was helping out a charity work in South Africa. He was donating and visiting the places he was helping to ensure every child a healthy, educational start. He didn't know you were helping out in this cause.

When entering the children's room in a hospital, he saw all the children surrounding a person. She was facing her back to him. Every little soul hugged her as she finished her inaudible speech.

Benedict got a better view of this person. She was an entrancing women, around her mid 25's. Her hair was pulled back into a loose pony tail and she wore worn out jeans with a regular shirt.

"Hello," he spoke out. The mysterious woman turned to see who was speaking. She seemed to have recognized him, "Ah you must be Benedict.. Cumber.." she hesitated on the last name, not wanting to pronounce it wrong.

"Cumberbatch," he said with a smile. "Sorry I'm rubbish with names. My name's Y/n L/n, nice to meet you." You extended your arm to firmly shake his.

He made a half way smirk, "So you're also helping with the foundation?" You looked around contently, "Yes I am, these children deserve a fair start. One with many healthy and educational insurances."

A man in a suit barged through the doors, interrupting Benedict's next question, "Ms. L/n, I'm sorry, we have to go now. The plane takes off in 2 hours and they need you at the airport at this time."

You sighed annoyingly. You could see the disappointment in Benedict's face, "You're leaving already?" "I'm afraid so, I've been here a couple of days. These kids are amazing, take good care of them. It was a pleasure meeting you."

Those were the last words Benedict heard from you, before you rushed out the wards doors. That was until a few months later when he recognized the mesmerizing face of yours.

You were walking down the Santa Monica Bay streets, peeking through glass windows, observing the various outfits the store had to offer. You came across a peculiar store, Burro, and decided to check it out. Opening the door you came across a familiar face.

"Y/n?" The baritone voice asked. You didn't recognize him right away, you thought he was just a fan. He took off his dark tinted glasses. "Benedict?" It was your turn to take of your shades.

"Wow, what a small world," he breathed out a chuckle. You moved outside to not block the entrance to the store, "It really is. To what do I owe this pleasure encounter?"

"Just a stroll around Santa Monica," he said. "So far away from home?" "Best way to enjoy a vacation," you and him chuckled. He became nervous and rubbed the back of his neck. Out of the blue he timidly asked, "Would you erm, like to have lunch with me."

You were genuinely surprised, "Like this?" You pointed down to your outfit. It was an overly sized hoodie for the autumn chill, ripped jeans and a very messy bun. "Of course like that," he sounded confident.

You thought for just a few seconds, "Sure, why not." You hooked your arm to his and walked to a nearby cafe.

**
"Yeah, ok. I'll be there in two hours," you hung up the phones as you sat down properly in your chair. "I'm so sorry Ben, I'm going to have to get a rain check on the lunch, but if you'd like we could still have coffee."

"I wouldn't want to hold you back from your work. It's alright if you need to leave," you could notice the slight change in his tone. "It's really not that important. I'll be fine if I have a coffee," your reassurance made him smile.

A waitress came around and slightly jumped when she saw Benedict. She didn't ask for a photo because she didn't want to intrude in his conversation with you. "Assuming from your accent I'd believe you lived somewhere in the U.K.," he asked and you nodded your head confirming his deduction. "So why work so far from home?" Benedict began asking as he looked into your e/c eyes.

"Well it all depends where the photographers decide is best for the new products. Sometimes it could be in Costa Rica, Bora Bora, Turks and Caicos, places like those. I don't know who decided best to have a photoshoot in this season on the shore," you took a sip of your arriving latte.

"A photographer, I see," Ben assumed your career. "Pardon?" You asked. "Your boss phoned you because he needs you to probably do some check ups on the cameras."

You were honestly confused to what he was talking about, "No, I have to go and check the wardrobe and do some last minute fittings." You thought he knew you were a member of the Victoria Secret models, but you were wrong.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry to interrupt but could we take a quick picture with you?" A teenager approached Benedict. "Sure," he smiled for the camera and waved off his fans after.

"You were saying..?" Benedict diverted the conversation back to you as he put on his cap and glasses on. "I'm sorry, but what's going on here?" You observed the room checking for more fans looking your way.

"Sorry, sorry. Fans tend to do that quite a lot. Once they see the famed Sherlock Holmes, they turn crazy."

"You're telling me you're an actor?" You asked surprised. Ben chuckled a bit, "I thought you already knew that."

"Oh my god, I'm, I'm so embarrassed. How did I not recognize you?" He chuckled uncontrollably making his body rumble.

"That's why they're so close," he pointed a finger to the paparazzi. "Oh god, I thought they were following me. They never do that and it just surprised me when there were so many of them behind us. My manager had warned me about being photographed but not by so many paparazzi."

You saw his confused expression and couldn't help but laugh. "I'm one of the Victoria Secret Angels," you said decreasing your laughs.

Benedict's eyes grew wide, almost spitting out his coffee. He had no idea he was having lunch with an Angel. His reaction made you laugh even more. "I'm such an utter cock," he sighed.

"We both are, especially me. I've heard so much of the new Sherlock but I've haven't paid much attention to it. You're becoming quite big. I, on the other hand, only wear a clothing line. I'm not as famous as you." You felt like an idiot because you didn't recognize the peculiar name as an actor, but you were completely fine with him not being able to recognize you.

Benedict was still perplexed he asked a model out. "Everything makes lot more sense now," he said chuckling. You both laughed at each other's ridiculousness while the cameras captured the moment.
~~
(Back at the red carpet)

"We've been dating just past a year and, God, I couldn't ask for anyone better," Benedict finished the interview like that, talking pure wonders of you.

***
A/n: There will be a part 2!