Him and I

I am more than excited to finally publish my new book! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I would tell you to read the description about it, but it's honestly not the best. Basically, it's about a bad Ben (like khan and the other bad characters he's played) but you don't know he's bad. That's all I'm saying. I honestly hope you like it. The first few chapters might be a bit slow, but it's just background that's important.

Here's half of the first chapter.

You wanted to stop. You knew it wasn't good but you continued to do it. It all started when you were young. If it weren't for the asshole of your father, you would've most likely gone to school and gotten the proper education you needed. It wasn't like that, at all.

You raised your brother and yourself after the people you cared for left, ignored you, or died. Ever since you were 8 years old, you took care of your brother. You stole so he could eat, you stole so he could be dressed, you stole...because that'd be the only way to get your brother out of the hell hole.

After your dad left and your mom died, you were taken to your aunts house. It would've been better if you stayed on your own with your brother. Your aunt resented you and your brother because your dad, in a way, killed her sister. You felt you and her were on the same page because both of you hated him. You didn't want to see him ever again.

It wasn't until the age of 15 when you encountered him again. By then, you had worked on your stealing habit. Doing that brought out a happiness in you. You successfully stole from gasoline stores. Those places were mostly your gigs. There were other times were you stole in public places, but those were rare.

The only reason your dad saw you again was because you were caught stealing. You were going to run, but the manager caught you before you could leave. He didn't want your acts to go unpunished, so he called the cops on you. It was your first time being caught and put in the police department jail.

The police tried contacting your aunt, but she wouldn't answer them. Their last resort was Rob, your dad. You weren't at all excited or even remotely happy to be near him again.

He didn't recognize you when he set his eyes on you, "[Y/n]," his eyes gleamed with tears forming in his eyes, "I can't believe this is you. You've grown so much." You looked at him once, then glued your eyes to the floor. Rob called over a cop to let you out of the cell. At least you were getting out.

You only had to sign your name and you were out; Rob had paid your bail. You weren't expecting anyone to pick you up. You also didn't have any items on you, so you promptly began to walk out of the police station. Rob finished signing something and caught up with you, "[Y/n] wait."

You picked up your pace, but he jogged to you. "I told you to wait," he grabbed onto your shoulder which made you stop walking. You didn't say anything and kept your eyes fixed on the floor. "Can you please speak to me?" Rob pleaded.

You finally looked at him, your expression changed from a serious one to a sarcastic, small smirk. "Fuck off," your expression changed back to the previous one and you continued to walk away. You left Rob standing alone for a few seconds before he began following you again, "[Y/n] can we please talk?"

"Nope," you were contemplating on jogging away, but he got in front of you. "You're my daughter. I haven't seen you in almost a decade. Can I please spend some time with you or at least let me take you to your aunts house," he said with a pleading tone. All his words passed right above your head expect his last words, "You knew all this time that we were at Grace's house?" You didn't call her aunt anymore.

"No, I just learned this before bailing you out," he sincerely responded. You didn't want to believe him; in fact, you didn't want to be near him, but a ride home wouldn't kill you. "Fine," you motioned him to lead you to his car.

I hope you like it!