Never Again (2)

Warning: language, smut

It been a month since you got married to Ben. The two of you went back to London and moved into his fairly spacious flat. The communication between the two had gotten better, but you couldn't get yourself to continue after the second minute.

Apart from that, you loathed him. The day of the wedding you couldn't stand looking at him, now you couldn't stand being in the same room as him. That occurred the first month you two lived together.

Ben had arrived home early one day. He clattered his keys on the kitchen counter, startling you. "Sorry," he apologised, you didn't respond. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, "We've got 35 more months that we need to be together. For fucks sake can you just try to speak for at least five minutes!"

You let the spoon clatter on the pot and turned around, "Do you really expect me to have a conversation with you? I know I have to act happy in front of cameras, I didn't know that I had to do the same here."

"I never asked you to be happy, just a decent conversation would be nice once in a while," Ben retorted. You huffed and crossed your arms, "If you wanted a decent conversation you wouldn't have married me."

"What makes you think I wanted to?" He leaned against the counter. You didn't respond and opted on leaving the room. "Why are you pissed at me? Your father is the one that didn't see me. He's the reason why you're here," he said loud enough for you to hear.

You stopped in your tracks and let a stray tear out, you swiftly wiped it away and entered your room. Ben sighed and tuned off the stove making his way to his own room.

**

"See I told you, time goes by in a flash," Karon said as she entered the your hotel room. You glared daggers at her. Ben wasn't too pleased to see her either.

Just like your wedding day, she had hairstylist and makeup stylist walking behind her. Ben was in the next room, he could see Karon from the open door that separated his and your room. A few of the people went to Ben's room.

Karon clapped her hands together, "Now let's talk about how things will go for the Oscars."

Just a few hours later and you were ready. You had a silky, white dress with a v-neck that went all the way down to the waist. The bottom of the dress pooled on the ground with a matching wrap placed on your arms.

Ben was finishing up as well with his black 3 piece suit that fit him perfectly. You would've enjoyed your dress much more if you weren't so depressed for the past 7 months.

Ben walked into your room and gradually gazed your way. You noticed but you felt no emotion towards his observations. Your heals clattered as they made their way next to him. "The car is waiting just outside the lobby," Karon informed.

Ben extended his arm for you to grab, which you unwilling took. Before walking out the door, you took a few deep breaths and began to form a smile with your lips. It was all an act.

The lights of the red carpet were dazzling. Ben helped you out of the car and walked you to the carpet. With your free hand you lifted up the end of your dress so you wouldn't step on it.

The second you arrived, flashes were on the both of you. They were from the fans and from the photographers. Ben saw a few of his friends and greeted them with you along his side. Throughout the walk you had a smile that fooled everyone.