High School Nightmare (3)

Ben really kept in mind what you said during the social experiment. Another month passed, the sports and activities were finally commencing. It was football season again, which meant a lot more practices for you. The cheer team had it's tryouts earlier than the rest, so that meant you already had your cheer team; the athletic teams were barely on their tryouts. Your trainer thought it would be a good idea to practice in front of the guys trying out for football.

You thought it quite annoying, but there wasn't anything you could do. Your friends and you walked over to the running lanes that circled the football field. You began stretching with them on the running lanes as the guys began to gather up on the football field. You had forgotten your contact glasses at home and you couldn't practice with your glasses, so you had to be partially blind during practice.

You could perfectly see your friends, but it was hard to make out the faces of the guys on the field. All though they were all blurry, you could still see that most of the guys were lean and fit. There were a few who were a bit too skinny for that type of sport. You wanted to know who they were, but you couldn't see very well.

As they were huddled in a circle, you could hear their coach yelling out names and giving numbers. You had your back turned to them as you too began to practice some moves. "Cumberbatch, you got 25," the coach yelled. You turned your head to see Ben.

Your heart nearly stopped when you saw him step out in his gear and with his helmet under his arm. You had stopped your training, but you were promptly brought out of your daze as your trainer ordered for you to move.

Out of the dozen of guys, you could now recognize which one was Ben. Occasionally you would look over to see what he was doing. Your practice had to be cut short, thank God, because your instructor had an emergency he needed to attend.

All you wanted to do was go home, but your friends made you stick around a bit. "It's easier to flirt with them," one of your friends commented as she led you and another friend to the bench that was on the field.

You rolled your eyes and sat down. Ben was clearer now, since you were closer. He saw you sit down on the bench and slightly stopped his movements. You weakly smiled at him and continued to look his way.

The view was quickly covered by someone else. His name was Kai, but you liked to call him a man whore...only because it was true. Ben saw Kai approach you, he turned back to keep training.

"Hey," he showed his perfect, white teeth. "Hey Kai," the girls became all flustered, they knew he was going to make it into the varsity team. "How's it going [Y/n]?" Kai looked towards you. "It's going," you simply responded, you wanted nothing to do with him.

He attempted to do a knee-weakening smirk, but failed, "I'll see you around." Kai turned around and jogged onto the field. "I hope not," you mumbled under your breath. You looked over to see what Ben was doing, but he wasn't there anymore. In fact, he was no where to be seen.

*

The following day, you decided to go sit next to Ben in your history class. "Hey, Mr. Sports," you greeted as you sat down. Ben nervously chuckled, "Hi." You looked up to his face, it was very tempting to stare at him, but now wasn't the right moment. "How was tryouts yesterday?" you questioned.

"Rough, I thought American Football would be easier," Ben confessed. "I thought you didn't like sports, why are you trying out?" you quirked your brows. He grew a bit tense and shrugged, "I could ask you the same thing. You promised you would never wear provocative clothes and said you would always be my best friend, but look at you now."

You gazed down to your low v-neck and your short shorts. Ben shut his eyes tight and promptly opened them, sometimes he couldn't stop himself from blurting out things, "Sorry, I'm really sorry. I never meant to be rud–" You cut him off, "No, you're right. I did promise that once." You looked down to your hands for a moment, "Is that why we don't hangout anymore?"

"Erm, no. I never had a problem with you joining cheer, I was only afraid that you were going to change. You slowly left the guys and I to go with your other friends," Ben reminded you. "Oh God, I did do that," you sighed. "And then your ex-boyfriend punched me," Ben informed. "I remember that way too clearly. You caused all that commotion. You made me raise my voice because you claimed he was fingering me," you responded.

Ben's eyes widened, "I'm really, really sorry about that. I honestly didn't mean what I said. I was raging at the moment. I was angry that you had left and what your friend's called me once I got to your table." You grabbed onto his hands and looked him in the eyes, "Could it all be forgotten and forgiven?" He took a deep breath and nodded.

*

The next day, instead of having lunch with your friends, you went to Ben's table. Your old friends were really excited to finally talk to you again. You sat fairly close to Ben, since there wasn't enough space for everyone at the table.

All of you were having a great laugh. The friend sitting beside you had gotten up to go to the library, a few other friends went with him. A minute later, you felt someone sit beside you, then a hand went over your shoulders. You turned your gaze and saw it was Kai.

"Do you want to have lunch with me?" he immediately asked you. Kai didn't take in mind the rest of the people sitting at the table. Ben and his other friends shared a few glances. "No, I'm having lunch with friends already," you moved his arm away.

He leaned over to your ear and whispered, "I wasn't talking about that kind of lunch." He put his hand on top of your knee and swiped it up. It caused you to have the bad kind of shivers sent all over your body. Ben saw the change in your mood and the tension in your body. He got his food in his hand, leaned over on the table, and threw it at Kai.

Kai immediately stood up and got Ben out of his spot. He pushed Ben as hard as he could. It caused Ben to fall down, but he promptly stood up and tackled Kai to the floor. Ben wasn't going to go down without a fight. They were both on the floor now, blocking each others punches. Tom and another friend separated the both of them. Two people had to hold Kai and Ben. It was over now, but you were still in a shocked state.

To say the least, both of the boy's got in trouble. Ben got detention, and Kai was expelled. Both of them were sent home after that. You needed your friends more than ever during that time, but some of them got mad at you. It was for the most ridiculous reason, they blamed you for getting Kai expelled. They also didn't agree that it was cool of you to be sitting with other people.

It was a short, yet long, weekend for you. After that commotion, you had a lot to think about. You thought of Ben, of Kai, of Jackson, of your old friends and new friends. There was so many things on your mind that you had to clear out and really think about. As the exhausting weekend came to an end, you had made a decision that would hopefully change you for the better.

That following Monday, instead at arriving at school at 6:30 for a cheer meeting, you arrived five minutes before the meeting was over. Your trainer was really disappointed in your actions and lack of energy, but you told him that you were only there to return your uniform. All of your fake friends were there when you did that; they were completely shocked.

You kept your head up high as you walked out of the building and headed to your first hour. While walking, you saw Ben was a couple of steps ahead. "Ben," you called out his name and jogged up to him. He turned around and smiled as you approached him.

He saw you in a Led Zeppelin tour t-shirt, ripped jeans and your converse. Ben smirked at the sight of you finally being you again. He walked over to you and grabbed onto your hand. Ben pulled you close to his body, where he gently leaned down and connected his lips to yours. You raised your self on your toes to welcome the kiss and kiss him back.

A few seconds later, he put his arm around your waist and departed his lips from yours. "I've been wanting to do that since the 7th year," Ben caressed your cheek, "It's been four years since I've fallen in love with you. I wanted to stop last year, but I just couldn't. You're the most gorgeous person I've laid my eyes on."

"Thank you," you rested your hand on his chest. Ben smiled and slightly twirled you around, "Now this, this is who you really are. You are beautiful and perfect any way, but you glow like this, because I know that you're yourself wearing this." You and him smiled at each other. Ben leaned down one more time to kiss you, before the both of you continued to walk to your first hour class.