The War (1)

A/n: Y'all better hold onto your seat or whatever you're sitting on because this mini series is a ride. I've had planned on writing this a long time ago so I'm making it up as I go. I don't know how many parts it will take up but here you go. Also it takes place in 1939.

"Tom I told you to pick up your things if you're going to have guest over," you scolded at your twin brother. He lightly chuckled and helped you clean up, "Sorry, you know we don't really have to have everything tidy up for them. It's just the boys." You playfully rolled your eyes at him, "Yes but I like to have our shared home clean, to show that I'm not living in a pigpen."

"Can we just clean the living room? I really don't feel like cleaning the whole house," Tom complained. "Why am I the mother here? You're older by a minute," you sighed. "Because you're the woman," he stared at you. "This is why feminism exists, because we the women don't only clean houses and make food. Unlike you I'm actually going to an honours university," you gloated.

Tom blew a raspberry and continued to clean his mess. You went to the kitchen and put everything in order because you knew the boys would enter the kitchen to get some drinks. It took you and Tom a few minutes before everything was done. "Can you prepare us some drinks and snacks," Tom enquired as you passed the living room.

"I'm your twin sister, not your housekeeper. Anyways, I've got to study for an upcoming exam if I want to attend Urie's upcoming party," you said to him and descended to your room. Tom lightly chuckled and shook his head; he was always messing around with you.

You heard the few knocks at the house door and knew it was the boys. In a light tone you heard Tom greet his friends, "Hey Benny boy. Welcome Freeman and McAvoy." The door closed behind them and they seated themselves in the clean room. "Y/n made you clean again, didn't she?" Martin asked. "When doesn't she? It's almost as if she were older than Hiddlebum here," McAvoy playfully patted Tom.

They were only messing around; the boys all loved you in a sisterly way. Ben stayed quiet as he gazed to the direction of your room. "Will she be joining us for a pint?" Martin questioned. "No, she's got an exam and a party coming up so she's advancing in her studies," Tom replied standing up. "She's responsible unlike us," Ben commented.

You stopped paying attention and averted your eyes back on your textbook. It took you three hours until you finally took a break. You stood up from your chair and went to grab a drink. "Y/n!" Martin cheered. "Hello," you waved to them. Ben had a sly smile. "Come join us," Tom patted next to him. "You know I can't," you protested.

"You've been studying for three hours, you deserve a beer," Ben encouraged. You lightheartedly chuckled and shook your head. "Mate why don't you get your own flat? Maybe that way Y/n won't be bothered whenever we come over," James playfully enquired. "Many reasons. One, she does most of the cleaning. Two, she's an amazing cook. Three, we need to save money since she goes to an expensive uni," Tom said.

"Four, they would never let a woman my age have her own property in this year of 1939," you continued for your brother, "Five, our father wouldn't be found of me living alone. Do you really need more reasons?" James put his hands in the air surrendering, "No Miss." Everyone chuckled and you proceeded to the kitchen.

"Are you sure you don't want a beer?" A baritone voice enquired. You turned around to see Ben, "I really wish I could.." He stepped closer to you and lightly grabbed onto your hand. "Just one," he whispered near your ear. You felt your heart rate accelerate and your respiratory rate falter. He kept his head low near yours, inching closer. "F-fine, just one," you stammered stepping away from his touch.

He reached out for your hand again but didn't grab it. You were out the kitchen, he heard you going back to your room for a few seconds. "How did you convince her?" Tom asked surprised. "I guess she likes me more than you crazy blokes," Ben replied making the group chuckle. He had gotten a new beer and waited for you to come back out of your room.

Once the guys saw you out of the room they scooted closer to Tom leaving a space for you to sit next to Ben. You gazed at them curiously as you exited the kitchen but sat next to Ben anyways. They were watching the telly while talking. "So a party?" Martin made his brows dance.

"Yes fine, you are all invited to Urie's party. I don't see why I needed to invite you, your girlfriend's already did," you sipped your beer. "I'm the only one that has a girlfriend that goes to uni with you," Martin commented. "Hasn't Olivia invited you?" You turned to Ben. "Yes, but she's not my girlfriend," he secretly attempted to hold your hand. "Well I guess I had to do it," you said.

You felt his hand touch yours and became nervous. The urge to pull it away was strong, but you kept your hand there because you loved the way he attempted to be close to you.

The guys kept drinking and you never went back to your room to study. "Sorry we kept you up," Ben lightly whispered. You observed the quiet room; everyone was asleep except you and Ben. "It's alright, I studied enough for it," you smiled at him. The telly camouflaged as a background sound. The room was dim; he barely saw the color of your eyes.

"Why aren't you and Olivia dating?" You enquired. "Because I simply don't think she's the one for me," he inched closer to you. You nipped your bottom lip. Ben and you secretly hid your love for each other for the longest time. You haven't allowed yourself to be with Ben because your best friend, Olivia, was completely mad for him.

He grabbed onto your hand and played with your fingers, "I do know that I love a brilliant, intelligent, independent, fighting, gorgeous woman that I know and that I've kept my feelings hidden for her because I don't want to piss off her twin brother."

You heartbeat raced and your breathing became shallow; your breath was caught in your throat. "I also know that she feels that same about me since she gets nervous when we're alone," he caressed your cheek. His lips skimmed over yours allowing time to pass while he taunted you.

He parted his lips to place them on yours. You closed your eyes at the contact and savoured the moment of glory. Your hand went to his growing curls while the other rested on his chest. He still cupped your cheek with one hand but moved the other to your thigh. His lips romantically rolled over with yours.

"B-Ben, I can't do this," you departed from the sensual kiss. "I didn't mean to hurry–" "–I'm not talking about that," you interrupted him. "Olivia is in love with you, I can't do this to her. She's my best friend, you've got to understand," you stood up. He followed you, "Yes but she has to understand that I don't see her the way I see you. She doesn't make me feel the way you do." He pulled you back into an embrace and kept his head low with yours.

Your face was at the cave of his neck he took in your scent, "I'm in love with you, not her. I'm tired of keeping it a secret. Every time I see you I have the sudden urge to pull you close and devour you with kisses."

"Goodnight Benedict," you pulled away from his embrace and entered your room. Ben stood at the door with his hand on the frame. He wasn't going to force you to open the door, instead he joined the rest of the guys sleeping in the living room.