Cruise

A/n: This is a very important note, this is a glimpse of a short story I have created (what a surprise) and I need to know if you guys like it or not.. okay you may proceed.

**

2 Week Neighbour

"Y/N!! Y/N!!" You're best friend, Claire, pounded on your hotel door. "I'm coming," you blared from inside. "If you don't hurry up we'll be la-" "I'm out! Let's go!" You hastily carried your luggage to the uber waiting.

It was an hour and a half drive, you appreciated this uber for taking Claire and you to your destination. "You have your boarding pass?" She enquired. "Check," you confirmed. "How about sunscreen, a fancy dress, extra clothes-" "Geez, yes I brought everything I need mom." Claire snickered, "Alright then. We're about to have the best two weeks of our lives," she eagerly jumped in her seat.

After the tedious, anxious drive, Claire and you arrived at the Miami Cruise Terminal. Your skin became sticky from the humidity and she began to feverishly sweat. "I remember why we moved to Cardiff now," Claire commented as the two of you began your rigorous check-in process.

You've been waiting for at least half an hour to do the next procedure after getting your photo and your cruise ID. "Why is mine gold and your's platinum?" You observed the different colored ID's. Claire shrugged, "I don't know," you hinted some nervousness in her tone but didn't make much of it.

"If you wouldn't mind, please fill out these forms informing us of any previous colds any of you have gotten. There will be one form per party," a staff member announced as another went checking the ID's and handing out forms. "Miss, may I see your ID?" The staff member asked. "Oh we don't need another one, we already have one." You pointed to the form your best friend was filling out.

"Please miss, I need to verify every ID," he seemed done with his job, poor lad. "Yeah, ok." You showed him your ID; he handed you a form to fill. "I said we already had one," you pointed again to the form Claire was filling. "Have you ever been on a cruise miss?" The staff membered asked. "No..but my best friend has," you were suspicious of his question. "The two of you are in different parties, she also has a platinum and you miss have a gold pass which gives you a few more privileges than our regular platinum passes." He handed you the form again and you took it.

Claire didn't dare to make eye contact with you. "Claire, why are we in different parties?" You attempted to be calm about the situation, but you were flipping out on the inside. "Uh, remember how I forgot to give you a Christmas and birthday present last year?" She fiddled with her fingers.

"Yes, but I paid for my pass," everything became  suspicious to you. "Well not really, you paid for mine and I paid for yours. Before you hit me, you'll be doing a lot more things than I will," she took a few steps away from you. "Then a better reason to hit you harder. Why would I want to do all those other things without you?" Claire could see you weren't content with the idea of you having a platinum pass.

"It's okay, I'll still be there with you. We'll still be able to hang out and stuff like that. It's not like they're segregating the platinum and the golds." Her comment made you giggle, "But wait, so who's party am I in?" Claire inhaled through her closed teeth, "I actually have no idea." You glared at her, "I hate you."

"I love you too, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday," she hugged you from the back.

*****

An hour later you were setting your luggage down in your cabin. You ventured to get a room closer to Claire's by talking with one of the higher staff members but they couldn't change anybody from their room. You sighed and laid on your bed. One of your cabin neighbors was barely entering their room. Should I go meet them? You mentally asked yourself, nah. You stayed still, your eyes began to gradually close.

When they opened again you saw the clock determining you took an hour nap. You promptly changed into your two piece swimsuit and put on a cover up on you too. You placed on your sunglasses and prepared a bag with other utilities you thought you might need.

Your phone rang, "Did you get lost or something?" Claire asked through the line. "No, I might have taken an hour nap," the both of you giggled. "Actually same, I just got to the closest swimming pool near your room but it's really crowded. I got us a lounge chair, I'll be waiting, " she hung up.

You were in the process of locking your cabin door from the outside when your neighbor was coming out of his room as well. You turned around to give him a sweet smile and greet him, he did the same. "Hello," he stretched out his hand.

Holy shit! Oh my god! It can't be! You extended your hand as well to shake his. "I'm Benedict, your two week neighbour." You giggled, "I'm Y/n nice to meet you." How are you so calm?! It was unbelievable how you were not giggling like a fool and trying to get a picture with one of your favorite actors.

He gave you one of his mesmerizing smiles, "See you around," he gave you a wink and walked the opposite direction you were going to walk. Your limbs wouldn't cooperate with you, they were all flimsy from what just happened.

You sped walked to the nearest pool from your room, it was your mission to find Claire in the sea of hundreds of people. Where is she! You scouted around for a bit until you spotted her.

"You won't believe who my cabin neighbor is!" You spooked her. "Holy shit Y/n, don't do that," she opened her eyes and sat up on her lounge chair. "Sorry sorry," you set your purse and belongings on your lounge chair and sat there. "You were saying about your cabin neighbor?" She brought back the subject.

The brightest grin appeared on your face. "So who is it?" She anxiously enquired. You scooted closer to her, making it inaudible for the rest, "Benedict Cumberbatch."

****

A/n: so yeah this the first chapter of the short story I've created. It's called Cruise. I'm estimating it to be around a 20 part story so I'll be publishing it's own book. This first part must honestly be the most tedious but I promise it gets better. A lot better.