Dirty Dancing (1)

This is an amazing request. If you haven't seen Dirty Dancing, go watch it. Requested by 

It was the summer of 1963, your family of four was traveling up the freeway to arrive at Kellerman's Mountain House. It was a beautiful place to enjoy the summer with the family. During the trip there, you sat in the back seat with your sister, Lisa. Your mom, Marjorie, and dad, Dr. Jake House, sat up in front.

You had a book in your hand, and the window rolled down. A light breeze of air hit your hair and face as you continued to read and your dad traveled up the road. Lisa had a mirror in one hand and a comb in the other; she was fixing her bangs.

You shifted your gaze to slightly look at her. She was different form you, she was always more fashionable, she was always trying to get attention, but that didn't matter because she was your sister and you loved her. You gazed outside the window and saw more trees beside the road. You had a feeling that you were getting closer, so you set your book down and leaned forward to hug your dad. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand slightly touching your arm.

He was the greatest man you knew, and you thought you would never meet anyone better than him. Those were your thoughts at the beginning of summer; you had no idea how those thoughts would slowly change in the following weeks.

Arriving at the designated place, your dad parked the car near the rest of the arriving vehicles. Once the wheels came to a complete stop, and the engine was turned off, you stepped outside to observe the busy resort. It looked a bit disastrous, if you gave your honest opinion.

A man in a suit was walking towards the car. Lisa leaned over to your mother and began complaining about not brining a specific pair of shoes. "This is a disaster," she slightly stomped her foot. "Lisa, but you already brought 10 pairs of shoes with you," your mom, in a tender voice, tried to reason with. You slightly chuckled under your breath.

"This is not a tragedy. A tragedy is three men trapped in a mine," your dad took off his sunglasses and began walking Lisa's and Marjorie's way. You leaned against the hood of the car and continued with what your father was saying, "Monks burning themselves in protest." Your sister lightly rolled her eyes at you, "Butt out Baby."

For some reason, nobody called you by your name. Out of nowhere, everyone began to call you Baby and you didn't bother to know why. It got stuck to you, so that's what people knew you by.

The guy in the suit finally called out your fathers name and grabbed his attention. "Max!" your father replied with the same enthusiasm and with a bright smile. Max looked over to you, Lisa and your mom and began to explain how your father saved his life. There was another young man, with beautiful, blond, slick hair standing behind him. His name was Billy.

"Get the bags," Max ordered the young gentleman around. "Right away boss," Billy replied and got ahold of your dads keys. He went to the trunk of the car, you followed him. He began taking out the bags and you helped him out. "Hey, thanks a lot!" he smiled at you, "Do you want a job here?" Of course you knew he was kidding, but you couldn't help to flash a flirty smile his direction.

Max was informing your dad about a merengue dance lesson that would happen in a few minutes. He was trying to convince all of you to join the class.

Somehow he was able to persuade your dad, and all four of you ended up in the dance class. You were all lined up following the beautiful instructors moves, but you just couldn't keep up. It was simple steps, but you couldn't do it. Even though it was bit stressful, you still thought it was slightly entertaining.

*

After a few hours, you were finally settling down in your cabin. You walked over your parents other room. "Mom, dad, I'm going to the main house to look around," you informed before you went down the stairs, to the trial that led to the main house. You had plenty of time in your hands, and you were not going to spend it in an enclosed space. The sun was already setting, the darkness of the night began to consume the place. It was the perfect weather to walk around the resort. You considered yourself to be the type that loved to explore and look at new things. You liked to know your surroundings.