The Nanny (1)

"Wow, Ben. This is amazing," you breathed out and observed your surrounding. Ben helped you out of the Black Mercedes. On one side of the road was a red carpet, on the other side were fans calling out their favourite actors and actresses names.

You saw the photographers taking pictures of the people currently walking the red carpet. "Happy birthday," Ben chuckled as he saw your expression. "Thank you so much," you tightly hugged him. "Alright, let's go take a few pictures and then I'll do a few interviews," he gently kissed your forehead.

He led you through all the things he mentioned. At first, you didn't want to join him in the red carpet, but Ben insisted since it was your birthday. During the interviews, you stayed behind with Karon and waited for Ben to finish.

As you and Ben began entering the Dolby Theatre, an interviewer asked if she could do a quick interview with you and Ben; he decided it would be a great idea to include you in one of his interviews.

Once the camera started rolling, the interview began to speak through the microphone. "We have the truly wonderful Benedict Cumberbatch with us," she started. Ben smiled like a boy. "And his beautiful girlfriend is with him," the interview continued.

Your eyes slightly grew wide, "Oh no no." Ben began to chuckle and shook his head. "No, not at all. She's my best friend from back home," Ben intervened. The interviewers cheeks grew red, "I'm sorry for the confusion, I wasn't informed right." You and Ben began to chuckle, it showed there were no hurt feelings.

"I hope you two enjoy the Oscars," the interviewer finished off. Ben and you thanked her and continued to walk to your seats.

***
*Two years later*

"You finally did it," you smiled at your best friend. He tightly held you in an embrace and didn't let go of you. You felt a small bump grow in the back of your throat. "She's healthy, they both are," Ben said breaking the hug.

"Why aren't you with Emma?" you questioned looking at his scrubs. He shamefully looked down to the ground, "She's getting a surgery done so she won't have more kids." You quirked your brows, "I thought you wanted more." He slightly nodded his head, "But she doesn't."

You hugged him again, this time you didn't let go. Since the beginning, you knew Emma, his wife, wasn't good enough for him. You told him once, but that resulted in a fight between you two. Emma had him wrapped around her finger, and Ben didn't realise that.

You had gotten out of your job early because Ben called you. Emma gave birth to his first, and apparently only daughter. "Have you thought of any names?" you questioned trying to change his thoughts. He wiped away a tear and looked back to the babies behind the glass window.

"I was thinking about Daniela," he replied with a smile. "Dani for short," you smiled and stood next to him. He hugged you and pointed the direction his daughter was. Ben proudly began giving you details about Dani and how she was a healthy baby.

A doctor came by and told Ben that his wife was back in her room; the surgery was a success. You walked with him to the direction of the room, but you didn't enter with him. Ben somberly stood outside with you and held your hand in a friendly manner. You gently squeezed it, letting him know that you could wait outside.

Ben entered the room without you. Emma wasn't very fond of you, and she made sure to let Ben know of that. He wasn't going to stop seeing you, but that's when he stopped inviting you to his home. Ever since he started dating Emma, you haven't stepped foot in his house.

Emma always thought you were in love with Ben, so she was jealous and protective of him. She didn't want you anywhere near him, Ben didn't do anything about that. Wanda and Tim stopped your train of thoughts.