Love Potion (1)

A/n: It's Halloween (October), you know what that means. It's a Halloween special!🎃

***

"This is serious business [Y/n]," your mom paced around the kitchen gathering all the stuff she needed. "There's a reason why I studied business, because I want this career. I'm fascinated by what you do and I'm just asking to follow you around and have a clear view of what you do. Please mum," you begged.

She heavily sighed, "[Y/n] this is my job, it's critical to take my 25 year old daughter to work with me." You gave her a cheesy smile, "Please mum." She wouldn't budge, until you followed and bothered her the next couple of minutes. "Just don't bother the client, please," she spoke to you as if you were 10.

Both of you exited her car once arriving at her clients home. She knocked a few times until a lean man opened the door. "Hey Karon," he turned his gaze towards you, "and you must be [Y/n]."

You shook his hand, "Yes, it's a pleasure meeting you." He gave you a cheeky smile as he allowed you and Karon to enter, "I could say the same, I've only met you in pictures and Karon's phone wallpaper." The both of you slightly smiled at each other until Karon broke the moment.

"Ben we need to talk about your upcoming meetings, red carpets, interviews, and the rest of your schedule," she spoke as she made her way to a table. You and Ben followed your mum. "Tea?" Ben asked arriving at the table. "We're fine," Karon answered for you both.

You took a seat beside your mum and observed as she took out paper after paper and handed them to Ben. She read over a few with him and talked to him about a few other things. You carefully paid attention and jotted down notes. Karon received a call and got up from the table.

"Are you planning to follow me around?" Ben kiddingly enquired. "Yup," you responded with a giggle. "I'm actually shadowing my own mum," you said. "You want her job?" Ben was genuinely interested in knowing. "Yes, this celebrity manager or RP thing is interesting to me," you smiled at him.

"So you're taking your mums steps," he got up to prepare himself and you a cup of tea. "I could say the same about you," you cheekily responded. "Touché," he chuckled. Ben walked over with a tray to the table, "How do you like your tea?"

"Oh I really think I shouldn't—" "It's just a cuppa," Ben held out the cup to you. Karon would arrive any second now but you grabbed the cup anyways. You and him prepared it while waiting for her. Your conversation grew more in depth of how you wanted your mums job and how Ben wanted his parents job. Karon returned to the table with you and Ben being very talkative.

**

After shadowing Karon that day, Ben asked for your number in case he couldn't reach Karon. You also weren't a burden to your mum, you actually helped her with a few papers and managed to resolve a few problems. She liked having your around, especially since she got to spend time with her only daughter.

Spending time with her allowed you to spend a lot more time with Ben. He always had something to talk about. There were times your mum glared at you for keeping Benedict distracted. Although your mum could be a bit tough on you sometimes, you enjoyed every second you were shadowing her.

It's been weeks since you've first got to meet him. Lately your mum has had other jobs with other clients so Ben usually texted you to see if Karon was busy. You laid in bed casually watching The Office until your phone started buzzing with notifications. You checked it, promptly got up and put on decent clothes. You were in your car in less than a minute.

You drove all the way to Ben's house and hastily knocked on his door. It took him a while to open. "Ben what's the emergency?" you enquired once he opened the door. "Thank you for coming," he led you in, "The problem is outside."

You followed him all the way back to his backyard. To you, everything seemed perfectly fine. Ben pointed to an unbuilt grill, "There's the problem." You blinked a few times and switched your gaze from the scattered pieces and Ben, "You said this was a life and death problem and that you couldn't feel your fingers."

He went to your side and looked at the grill, "Well you see, I'm hungry and I want some grilled steak. I really don't want to go out so I decided to make my own but then I realised I haven't built my grill. The finger part was an exaggeration."

You covered your face and began laughing, "So you lied so I could come and see your unbuilt grill." He laughed along with you, "Of course not. I'd rather ask you in person if you'd like to help me build this grill." You wanted to stop smiling but you couldn't. He noticed you weren't answering so he grabbed one of his tools and disappointingly went to the grill.

More laughs came out from you, "I guess I can't let my mums client starve." Ben formed a smirk and passed you a tool. He got out the directions and began to tell you what part he was on. Ben explained that building the grill was a two person job and that the first person that came in mind was you. Of course you were flattered.

After getting a few steps done, Ben and you began having minor discussions about what goes where. "Ben I'm telling you, we used the wrong screw," you explained showing him the picture of the step. "No we didn't," Ben scavenged through the screws to find the ones you needed. After finally finding the right ones, Ben and you proceeded to finishing the grill.

"See that wasn't so bad," Ben passed you a beer and sat next to you. Both of you were observing the finished grill. "Yeah, it just took us 2 hours," you chuckled and drank. "Then our reward must be a delicious steak," Ben smiled.

"Ben I really don't think my mum—" "Please it's just food, we worked hard. We deserve to eat from the masterpiece we've built," Ben was practically begging. You couldn't believe you were actually planning on staying, "Ok fine, what do you need help with?"

**

"So am I ready to become a chef?" Ben enquired as he set his plate aside. "Totally," you hummed while taking a sip of your red wine. "I should open my own—" "Shit," you cut him off. "I'm so sorry, I've got to get this," you rose from your chair and answered your ringing phone.

"Hey mum," you paced around. "Uhh near home," you responded. Ben deduced Karon had asked where you were. "No of course I'm not at Ben's house," you widened your eyes and turned to Ben. "Why would I lie about it?" you went to the table and silently got ahold of your keys. Ben got up as well and began to quietly make his way inside with you following behind.

You were still on the phone with Karon. You could hear her walking and her keys jingling. "What do you mean open the door?" you curiously enquired. Not a second later, there was a knock on Ben's front door. Karon hung up.

Ben opened the door, he wasn't expecting Karon. He nervously chuckled, "H-hey Karon, what a surprise." Your mum looked your way, "I can say the same thing." The three of you awkwardly stood there for a moment. "Would you like to have some dinner?" Ben asked after a few tense seconds.

She shifted her gaze between you two, "I'm fine, thank you very much but I think we should be on our way now." You needed to follow your mum or else things would become intense with her. "Karon," Ben intervened before you could exit his home, "I invited [Y/n] over and like she's an amazing friend, she helped me build a grill." Karon had turned around and smiled but you knew that wasn't a genuine one.

"Goodnight," you whispered as you exited his home. "I'm sorry," he told you. To you, it was completely fine but to your mum it was a whole different thing. Arriving home, you didn't get the end of it.

"I'm sorry [Y/n] but I can't take you with him anymore," she said at the end. "Mum please, I'm sorry. I was just helping him," you begged. "Do you really think I'm an idiot? I notice the way you look at him, we could say it's not a safe look. Don't get me wrong [Y/n], I want you to fall in love but please don't fall for a celebrity, at least not one of my clients," she huffed and sat down.

You were brought aback, "W-what? I'm not..," your thought lingered. Karon rolled her eyes, she wasn't surprised, "I'm very serious [Y/n], Ben is my client. This thing between you two needs to stop."