Dirty Dancing (6)

As soon as breakfast ended, you went to see Penny. You knocked on the door and she told you to come in; she was laying in bed. You smiled as you saw she finally had some color to her skin. "You look much better," you walked beside her after closing the door behind you.

"Thank you Baby, for everything," Penny grabbed you by the hand. "You're not mad I went to go get my dad?" you questioned. "Of course not, he saved my life and from all that pain–" Penny was interrupted as Ben entered her room without knocking.

You let go of Penny's hand and walked to the back of the room where Ben was. There was a bit of tension between you two and you felt uneasy. Penny broke the ice and asked how it went last night. Your eyes slightly opened up, how was it possible she know what happened between you and Ben last night?"

"Good," Ben cleared his throat and walked closer to Penny. You then realized she was talking about the dancing gig, "Fine. I didn't do the lift, but it was good." You smiled at both of them and shifted your gaze from Penny to Ben, they stayed there for a while before you looked away.

Penny could obviously see what was going on between you and Ben. She saw the way you and him stared at each other and the massive tension growing in the room. You cleared your throat, "I think I better go, bye," you timidly waved at the both of them and exited Penny's room.

Ben walked next to Penny's bed and held her hand after you left. All he wanted to do was talk about her and how she was going to be fine, but Penny knew something was up. "Ben, what are you doing?" Penny had a strict tone. Ben didn't reply to her remark and continued to talk about something else, avoiding the subject.

"How many times have you told me not to get mixed up with them," Penny brought up the subject again. Ben lost his smile, "I know what I'm doing Penny." Silence devoured the room. All Penny could do was disappointingly shake her head, "Do you really know? You listen to me, you got to stop it now."

Ben didn't know what to say. He knew she was right, but he didn't want to stop. It was only one night, but that night felt different from the rest of the nights he's spent with women. That night with you was special, he wants that night again with you and only you. "I'll leave you to rest," Ben got up from his kneeling position, kissed Penny's forehead and walked out.

You were waiting for him outside Penny's porch. Ben stopped as he saw you there. "I think we need to talk," you stepped closer to him. Ben slightly licked his lips and nodded his head. He didn't know what to say and he had no idea what you were going to say, but he wanted to know what you had in mind.

"Are we okay?" you asked out of the blue. Your questioned slightly shocked Ben. "Of course we are, why wouldn't we be?" he knitted his brows. You shrugged and looked away from his gorgeous eyes for a slight second, "I don't know, I think there was too much tension between us in there."

The only thing Ben could do was nod his head and agree. He was on the ground while you were up a step on the porch, you were at eye level with him. Ben's beautiful, mesmerizing eyes were looking right back at you. "I'll see you later," Ben began to step away from you.

He was only a few steps away before you called out his name, "Ben!" He turned around, he was fiddling with his hands. You were standing in the same position, except this time you gave him a sincere, kind smile. Ben's lips curled up to a smile, then a slight smirk before he proceeded to walk away.

*
It began to pour during that evening. The outside activities were canceled, so everyone was inside. Your mom and Lisa were organizing and talking about something while you and your dad worked on a puzzle. Jake was mostly working on it since you just sat on your chair. You decided to stand up and grab your coat.