The War (13)

"I really don't want you to leave," Ben whimpered as you got up from his bed. "Ben I've got our son to return to," you giggled. "Can't you wait until I'm released?" Ben held onto your hand. "Ben, I really must. I wish I could but it's only a day," you kissed his forehead. 

He intertwined his fingers with yours and tenderly kissed your lips, "I'll see you soon." You wrapped your scarf around your neck and tugged at your coat. Amanda met you at the exit and wished you goodbye. 

"Can I be released early?" Ben enquired when Amanda reached his bed. "No, I actually bring bad news.. I'll need you to stay for a week or a bit more," she checked his vitals. "What why, I need to get back to Y/n," Ben silently exclaimed. "Because I'm still trying to figure out what happened with you and if it's safe for you to return back with everyone," Amanda explained. 

"Y/n stayed a whole week with you, she'll inform everyone of your status so they'll be prepared," she helped him get out of bed to do his routinely exercise. Ben covered himself from the November chill. He sighed as he finally came to terms that he needed to wait at least one more week to be with you again. 

It was a tedious, chilly week. The lieutenant determined to release Ben from the army. Ben was collecting his things from his bed he had been occupying for the past months. Amanda was helping him out, "Make sure to tell Martin I love him." 

"That's going to be awkward, I barley remember him and I'm already telling him I love him," Ben chuckled while Amanda playfully pushed him. "Well you make sure he gets the message. I don't know when I'll be going back, but I do have an itch it will be over anytime soon," she hugged him. 

Ben kissed her in the cheek during the lasting embrace, "Take care." He pulled on his large army coat and was guided out of the base. He was finally going home.

**

Ben took the directions Amanda had written for him. He didn't have to find all his way home. You and McAvoy waited for him at the train station. "Do you see him anywhere?" James enquired. You examined all the people boarding off, your feet began to move once you saw him. 

"Ben!" You called for him in the ocean of people. He heard his name being yelled and observed his surroundings. The brightest smile appeared on his face once he laid his eyes on you. Ben  only carried a backpack with him. He pushed his way through, "I missed you so much."

He held you into a tight embrace once he got ahold of you. His lips ravished yours in a passionate kiss. "Lets go home," you held onto his hand and led him to James. Ben became nervous with the thought of meeting everyone again.

McAvoy timidly stood in place when he saw Ben. Like any other friend, he wanted to go hug his mate that came from war but he didn't know what Ben's reaction would be due to his injury. "You must be James," Ben sheepishly said. McAvoy smiled and spread out his arms, they hugged, "Glad to have you back home mate."

"It feels good to be back," Ben sincerely said. During the walk Ben and James got talking about how they met and why they were friends. "Is everyone like this?" Ben chuckled? "As funny and handsome, not quite mate," James responded approaching your home. 

"Martin is the immature joker, Brendon is the American singer, Sarah the model, Amanda the nurse, Y/n the mother, and.." James knew he was forgetting someone but couldn't remember who. "Tom was the serious but noble one," you finished for James. 

"That's everyone," James concluded. "What was I?" He curiously enquired. "Well you and Tom battled for this title but it ended with you; Ben the ladies man," James chuckled as he knocked the door to their home. 

Ben began to blush; you giggled and hugged him from the waist. Brendon rapidly opened the door, "Ben! It's so good to see you!" Ben was bombarded by Urie's tight embrace; it only made him chuckle but he returned the gesture. 

"You must be Brendon the American," Ben said after they departed. "Aw man, I was practicing my British accent to confuse you," Brendon confessed making everyone laugh. "Welcome home," he stepped aside allowing James, Ben and you to enter.

Tim and Wanda anxiously stood near the door. Ben stepped to their side and hugged them at the same time, "Mum, dad." His parents breathed out a staggered sigh and embraced him back. They were relieved to know their own son remembered them. 

In the meantime you disappeared upstairs while he greeted the rest and had a chat with them. A few minutes later you walked down with your son in your arms, he had just woken up from his nap. "James, honey, remember daddy? He's back home," you cooed. 

Ben's eyes became crimson from the sight, his breathing became staggered. "Daddy," James tender voice spoke out and reached for his father. Ben stepped closer with tears prickling his eyes, "My son." 

Everyone in the room was experiencing the same feeling: joy. You handed Ben his son, Ben treated his as a fragile feather. He cleared his stray tears, "How old are you champ?" Ben questioned with a hoarse voice. James showed him 3 fingers. 

"You're a big boy now," Ben's voice began to crack. "I missed you daddy," James wrapped his small hands around his neck. Ben and everyone in the room lost it, all eyes were watery and crying. "I missed you too," Ben peppered his son with kisses making him giggle. 

The moment lasted a few more minutes until James asked to go outside. Ben stood by your side, admiring his son run in the backyard. "I have a beautiful family," he said. "We do," you agreed with him as you hugged his torso. 

"Why don't you two go enjoy yourself for an hour, we'll watch over him," Martin winked at you and Ben. You giggled while you pulled Ben inside and upstairs. He seemed to be confused until he landed backwards on your bed. 

His hands rapidly traveled to your form that was straddling him. One clothing after another disappeared off of each other. His bare body against  yours made a steamy climate in the November weather. 

During the blissful hour, Ben pleasured you various times in different ways. You reached your climax more than once during the first 15 minutes. "You didn't forget how to fuck," you panted as his sweaty body collapsed next to yours. 

Ben chuckled making his chest vibrate. The hour was over, you got up and collected your attire again. He admired your nude figure getting dressed. Ben groaned when you entered the bathroom. He reached over to get ahold of his shirt that covered a frame. 

Once he put on his shirt he observed the picture. Ben picked it up and examined it noticing it included your mum, Tom, you, and what he assumed was your father. He collected his briefs and put them back on as well. 

Ben noticed a ragged box until he was putting back the framed picture in its place. He knitted his brows and wondered why you hid a box behind a picture. With curiosity he got ahold of it.  

A familiar sensation became present. His breathing pattern became shallow, with trembling hands he opened the worn out, small box. He shut his eyes at the sight of a diamond ring; his head began to throb in agony.  Ben held the side that had pain; his world began to spin. 

After a few minutes you contently exited the bathroom. Ben sat with one hand on his head and the other one holding onto the box. You swiftly made your way to his, "Ben, are you okay?" You were worried since it seemed he was in pain. 

He opened his eyes to see you kneeling in front of him. Ben gazed down to the ring then back at you, "I remember now."