Salt (1)

Your eyes were glued to the movie theater screen. The sound effects and music roared through the speakers. For once, you were actually enjoying a movie. Without taking your eyes off the screen, you reached beside you to take a drink from your soda. You set the cup back down where it was and reached towards the next seat to grab some popcorn from your best friend, Isabelle. 

You reached for a few seconds, but didn't grab anything. You turned your head to see that she was a few seats away from you, making out with her boyfriend. God, why did I even agree to come, you looked up to the ceiling. You deeply inhaled and lost all excitement from the movie. You turned towards Isabelle and then back to the movie. 

At the end of the movie, you were the first one up and out of there. Tom Hiddleston, her boyfriend, and Isabelle walked out hand-in-hand. "So, did you guys like the movie," you sarcastically questioned. Tom and her shared a glance. "It was good," Isabelle answered. "At what point in the movie did you two move?" you quirked your brows at them. 

"Well, we noticed you were so entranced with the movie and we decided to move to not make you uncomfortable," Tom chipped in. You weren't mad at them, it was just annoying that they invited you places so you could only be the third wheel. The three of you used to be best friends, but then they decided to date and everything changed. You were completely supportive of them being together and extremely happy when they began dating, but you hated going out on their dates with them. 

You only agreed to go with them because they always told you that they were going to a bar after the date. Or they would tell you that they just wanted to hangout like old times. You sighed and walked to a bench, "Izzy, you could've left the popcorn with me." They both slightly chuckled. Tom put a hand over Isabelle's shoulder and yours, "Next time." 

He led the three of you around the open mall. It was already dark outside and families were around the dancing water fountain. Near the center of the mall were the restaurants. The three of you always went to the restaurants to grab a bite of something and join the bar. You barely turned 20, but you had your fake ID with you. 

Tom entered the place with you and Isabelle by his side. She was never the jealous type, at least not with you, so she was ok with Tom doing that with you. After a few minutes of waiting, the three of you were led to a booth. You took your seat opposite from them and began to look at your menu. After looking it over, you turned up to ask them a question to see them being all lovey dovey with each other. 

Tom's face was near Isabelle's neck, while she attempted not to laugh. You closed your menu and got up from the table. "Alright, if you need me, I'll be at the place next door," there was a hint of annoyance in your tone. Isabelle got up to go after you. "[Y/n], wait," she stopped you at the exit. You turned to face her. "I'm sorry, we'll stop," she nipped at her bottom lip.

"That's the thing Izzy, I don't want you two to stop being cute with each other. I understand you two are madly in love, but I always feel like the third wheel when we hangout. Last time me and you hung out by ourselves was a few days after you and Tom started dating, but after that he was everywhere with us. Now don't get me wrong, you know he's my best friend too and I enjoy his company. What I'm trying to say is that, I'm done hanging out with you two when you two start getting all cute. Kissing, holding hands, and a few other things are fine. Switching seats to make out with each other is not. So, you two continue to be cute together and just pick me up next door when you're done with your dinner."

You tried not to be rude about the situation, so you told her the truth. She understood what you said to her. When she began to walk away back to the table, you exited the restaurant. You looked to either side of the place and found to restaurants. One was quiet and old, while the other one was loud, cool and modern. You decided with the second option.