Just Friends (7)

"Charlie I really don't feel well," you said through the phone. "Do you want me to go check on you," he enquired. "It's fine. I most likely have what Alex had," you replied. Some other voices talked to him, "I've got to go. I'll pass by the flat later."

Alex walked into your room with a cup of tea, "How's the sick one feeling?" You rolled your eyes and sat up on your bed, "Sick." She passed you the drink, "I don't understand how you got sick a month after I did. Shouldn't you have gotten it the same days I did?" You shrugged, "I don't know. Ask Charlie."

"Talking about Charlie.. are you and him together now?" She sat down on your bed. "He hasn't asked me anything. We just go out together," you took a sip of the tea. "If he asked you to be his girlfriend, would you accept?" She curiously enquired. "I don't think so. He's a nice, intelligent guy but I don't feel that happy around him," you genuinely said.

Another wave of nausea was washing over you. Your friend saw the signs and promptly grabbed the cup of tea; you instantly stood up and ran to the bathroom. Nothing settled down in your stomach. "Charlie needs to check on you," Alex said as you walked back to your room.

"Later. I need to go out," you said grabbing your jacket. "Where? You're sick. You need to go back to bed," Alex was concerned. "I'm tired of puking everything that goes into my stomach. Maybe a walk will help," you put on your shoes. "So where are you going," Alex enquired. "I don't know," you zipped up your jacket and exited the flat.

***

"Coming," Ben dashed to his front door. "Y/n," he smiled once he saw you. "Hey," you gave him a weak smile. "Please come in," he stepped to the side so you could enter. "Thank you," you walked in. "I was just making lunch, care to join?" He had the brightest smile on him. You thought for a moment, "That'd be lovely."

You followed him to the kitchen; there was a delicious aroma in the air. "So what brings you here," he questioned as he continued to cut some vegetables. "I just wanted to talk to a friend," you sat down on one of his chairs. "I'm all ears," he set the knife down and cleaned his hands.

"Actually.. I was just planning on taking a walk, but then I thought of home and the first thing that popped in my head was here," you could see his beautiful eyes from across the kitchen island, a stronger smile appeared on you. There wasn't any chance for you to talk anymore. The delicious aroma turned to a disgusting one; you promptly ran to nearest bathroom.

Ben rapidly followed you; he held your hair back. After a few seconds you stopped and leaned onto the toilet. "Sorry," you croaked out. "Darling you don't have to be. Have you been like this for a while?" He worryingly enquired. You nodded your head and walked to his sink.

"Let's go to the doctors," he took out his phone and made a call. "Ben, its fine, I'm okay," you washed your mouth and turned to him. He didn't listen to you because he was making the appointment, "I made it already. It's in half an hour, let's go." Ben went to put on his shoes and promptly returned. He helped you to his car and drove you to the doctor.

You entered the familiar clinic; it was where Charlie worked. Ben walked to the front desk and began to get the papers. You stopped him, "I have my information here." You turned to the lady and gave out your name. "A nurse will be out in a moment," she gazed to you.

Ben took you to a chair and sat you down, "Why haven't you come to the doctor?" You touched your stomach, "Because Alex was sick a month ago and I'll most likely have what she had." Ben caressed your cheek and put a stray hair behind your ear, "My darling girl, I know you're stubborn but you've got to come when you're sick." His words made you smile.

"Miss L/n," a nurse called for you. Ben helped you stand up and walk to the door where the nurse led you inside and did her routine. After she took your weight she showed you your waiting room, "The doctor will be here any moment." You and Ben sat down on a chair and waited for a moment.

To your relief Charlie didn't enter. "Hello, I'm Doctor Hayes," he shook yours and Ben's hand. The doctor set his laptop on the counter and began asking you questions. You responded to all of them. "Hm, that's a bit strange. Usually when one person gets sick then their flatmate becomes sick the following days.. not a month after. Have you menstruated in the past month?" He typed on his laptop.

"No.. but I usually get it a week or two late," you responded. "That's true," Ben pipped in. "You two live together?" The doctor enquired. "Something like that," Ben responded making the doctor curious. "Ok, we'll get you tested for something else. Another doctor will be here in a moment," Doctor Hayes said his goodbyes.

"What was all that about?" Ben questioned. "I don't know," you replied. "Do you think–" Ben didn't have time to finish his sentence since the other doctor walked in. "Hello, I'm Doctor Charlie..," he looked up from his laptop. He was not expecting to see you and Ben.

"Charlie," Ben was as nervous as you. "This must be a mistake," Charlie harshly swallowed and checked his computer again. "Charlie, Ben and I are just friends. He got worried and decided to bring me here," you explained. Charlie went outside for a moment then came back inside with some other tools.

"Charlie we both care about her health, so what's wrong with her," Ben questioned. Charlie didn't want to look you in the eye; he prepared a syringe. "I have to get a blood sample for a.. a pregnancy test," Charlie said in a monotone. "What?" You and Ben said simultaneously.

"A pregnancy test. My colleague believes you're witnessing symptoms," Charlie began setting everything. Neither of the three shared another word. "I'll have the results in 3 hours. Would you like a call or an appointment tomorrow?" Charlie said in a serious tone. "A call," you responded. "A call it is. You may leave," Charlie left without saying goodbye.

Ben held your hand and helped you stand up. "Hey I'm here for you," he kissed your forehead and led you outside. Ben took you to eat ice cream and take a walk on the park; he opted to eat yours once he saw you gagging with the sight. "I'll be leaving to film in 3 weeks but you can always count with my help," he hooked his arm with yours. "Thank you," you weakly smiled and continued to walk.

You and him didn't mention you possibly being pregnant. Ben made sure time passed by in a flash. You were in his car again driving to his flat when you received a call. "Hello?" You answered. Ben attentively heard your words.

"Yes this is her," you responded. Ben held your hand allowing you to squeeze it. You put the phone on speaker. "Congratulations miss L/n, the results came back positive," the nurse said. You felt your heart sink to the pit of your stomach. "T-thank you," you stuttered and ended the call.

Ben and you stayed quiet until he finally parked the car. "If Charlie isn't going to take care of the kid then I will," Ben said. You heavily swallowed; your phone vibrated with a text.

I think we should see other people. You were already seeing someone else since the test revealed you're two months along. Congratulations. -Charlie

"Was that him?" Ben enquired. "Yeah, but I never had an intimate night with him. He never touched me or vice versa," you felt your voice shake a little. "André," Ben breathed out. "My baby is 2 months old..," you said unable to believe your current situation.

"You and him were still together during that time. I'll talk to him," You could hear Ben was hurting. "Ben..," you almost inaudible said. "You have to contact André," he began talking. "Ben," you repeated. "If he's a prick about it then–" he didn't finish his thought.

"Ben I haven't slept with anyone except you," you abruptly informed.