Never again (5)

"These hangouts are never good," Ben sighed as he led you to your room. You had tears in your eyes and hadn't spoken a word to him. "What did I do wrong this time?" He questioned, a slight hint of irritation present in his tone. You sniffled and gazed to him, "He knows that when we argue we end up having sex. You told him we've been arguing every other day."

He realised what he did, "Love I'm sorry." Ben leaned his hand to rub your back but hesitated for a moment. You stood between your bed and him; either you comfort yourself in bed or let his firm arms do that. A stray tear raced down your cheek. Ben began to walkout but you held onto his hand and pulled him in for a hug.

That caught him off guard. Nonetheless he returned the embrace. Your head rested on his chest hearing the beating of his heart. His large hand caressed your luscious hair. Ben was comforting you while your tears seeped into his grey shirt.

The following day you were fine. Ben thought you and him would start back at zero but knew that wasn't the matter when you prepared breakfast for the both. "So when do we leave?" You asked taking a bite of your fruit.

"Sometime this week," he smiled at you. "Do I need to take anything special?" You gazed at him. "It's going to be cold. If I were you I'd prepare heavy clothes and coats," he informed. "Would you like me to make your luggage and add your leopard scarf?" You were kidding. He began to laugh making the room vibrate. You chuckled along with him. "How do you know about that scarf?" He asked also observing your beautiful giggle.

You wiggled your brows, "Who doesn't know about that scarf?" He glazed his fingers over yours, a small but sudden shock was felt. Your heart skipped a beat and your breath became staggered. "Thank you for the breakfast, it was delicious," he played with your fingers. You held onto his hand and gave him a smile.

**

*8 months later*

"I cant believe we had sex in a castle," he said entering the flat. "That was 2 months ago," you chuckled. "It's still amazing," he hugged you from the back leaving the luggage at the entrance.

"Ben, not today. I'm exhausted," you stopped his hands from going in your jeans. "Sorry," he apologised. "Don't. I'd love to but all this traveling makes me fatigue. Plus you said it would only be for 4 to 6 months. We traveled for 8 months," you turned around to face him.

"I did advice you to come back to the flat," he said. You shrugged, "Yes, but I'd rather spend my time with you than stay in this boring flat." He kissed your forehead, "And I'm glad you decided to stay." You knew what he was going to say next, "Or else we wouldn't have had sex in the castle." Ben chuckled, "Exactly."

The next couple of days you and Ben just stayed at home. Everything went back to normal. "Would you like to have another hangout so you can see your husband-to-be?" Ben enquired. You shook your head, "No, I'm okay. I'll be seeing him again in 10 months."

He quirked his eyebrows, "Are you sure?" You nodded your head and held his hand, "I don't want to talk about Henry." Ben seemed surprised but complied to your request. The day consisted of cleaning the house and talking while having some wine.

Somehow it ended in your bedroom again. Although Ben nor you reached your climax. He was still thrusting into you when he leaned in to connect his lips with yours but you moved your head away. Ben stopped his movements and pulled out, "Well that was a huge turn off." He was out of breathe.

"I'm sorry," you sheepishly said. Ben wasn't aggravated, he found it quite funny. "So I'm allowed to have sex with you and kiss every inch of your body but I can't kiss your lips?" He chuckled. You turned to him to see his expression; you were relieved to see he was smiling, "At least there'll be some sort of faithfulness when I marry Henry."

The both of you always became somber at the mention of his name. Time was passing in a flash, 10 months were left. Ben always mentioned Henry as your husband-to-be, now every time he did you and him felt low at the thought of that. "When's your dad coming to visit?" Ben changed the subject.

"Saturday," you responded, "He said he's going to bring Henry because he really wants to see me." Ben scooted closer to you, "Alright." He got up from the bed and retreated to his room. You wanted to call out to him, but never actually said anything. Instead you moved to the side of the bed he always laid at when you and him finished.

**

Saturday went by swiftly, expect when Henry was present; time seemed to go in slow motion. Henry kept staring daggers at Ben while curiously examining you. You and Ben felt a great weight being lifted of your shoulders once him and your father walked out of the flat.

Nothing interesting happened the following 4 months. It was just you and Ben casually going out and having sex. One night Ben took you to one of his favourite pubs. You had plenty to drink.

He raised his glass to yours and whispered into your ear, "This is to 6 more months." You clinked your glass to his and chugged the rest of your beer. "Take it easy, your liver won't handle it," he chuckled. "Yes it will," you slurred and took a sip of his drink.

"Ben I want to talk to you about something," you fiddled with your fingers. "You're drunk, tell me later," he said. "No I'm not, I'm perfectly.." you began to tilt your body but he caught you, "fine." He chuckled and sat your correctly in your seat, "Alright, what is it?"

To be honest, you were drunk. There's was a special need in you that told you to tell Ben how you felt. "You're my husband, you should know," you hesitated to hold onto his hand, "Whenever I used to touch Henry, I felt this sort of sparkle ignite between the two of us. A year ago at the brunch, I felt nothing."

He held your hand, "Love I don't think–"

"–Why do I feel it with you?" You enquired rather sad. Ben was caught off guard, he wasn't expecting you to say that. You held onto his other hand and felt the electricity ripple within you.

"Ok, I am drunk but I still know what I'm doing. I want you to know that I will remember what I did tonight," you scooted closer to him. "Darling, you haven't–"

You let go of his hands and cupped his face. His lips were pulled into yours making them touch each other. Ben didn't waste a second to kiss them. He scooted your chair closer to his and continued the kiss making it go deeper. Your lips rolled sensually over his. Ben retreated to catch some air. "Wow," you breathed out, "You're an excellent kisser. Why didn't I kiss you before?"

Ben got up and held his hand out so you could grab it. He took enough money out and placed it on the table, "Let's go home."