Prologue Part 3, It's not fair.

The last thing she saw was their accomplished smirks, satisfied, and thinking that they did the world a favor.

It was then a single tear leaked out of her eye as she saw them turn away. But she clings on to the hope that she would survive this fall, and that she would go somewhere far away where no one knows who she is.

She would start a new life, and maybe change her name. She could work a simple life of tending crops and animals, making new friends until she finds the one she loves and get married.

...If only the world was like that, but it can never be that, it can never be the two things everyone asks it to be: merciful and caring.

She landed on a ledge, and hearing a loud crack from her arm, only to bounce off and land painfully on another ledge, and another, and another with the occasional rock and cactus.

After what seemed like hours of blunt pain and bruises, she landed on the rough ground as the rain above, and blood from her wounds, made mud where she is prone.

----------

'How did this happen?' She thoughtfully asked herself. As her face is partially in the mud, alone and hurt, both physically and emotionally, under a dark raining night. Her overalls and white shirt stained with mud, water, and blood.

"It was going so well; everything was fine, so why couldn't it all stay the same?" she asked quietly, scared that the people who left her to die would come back, even though they are long gone. She is scared of them, but even thinking about them only made her cry again; her wails drowned out by the raging storm above her as her green eyes are lost in the overflowing tears.

After all, who wouldn't cry when their friends abandon them? Not the usual, they ditched her as a joke, kind of abandonment. No, it's the kind desertion that leaves people like Jesse crying in the mud.

She didn't want to think about it anymore, she just wanted to leave!

So with the fragile strength she had left, she dragged herself out of the mud. She continued to go away from the cliff, into the woods, away from her former friends, and her brother.

Her brother...

"Where was he?" she asked quietly, her throat dry from screaming as she fell from the cliff. "Does he hate me too?" and with that question in mind, she continued to sob of the possibility of her own brother, the one who always protects her, who always cheers her up, hates her guts.

'If everyone else hates me, I don't see why he doesn't... it's not fair...' she thought sadly. It was when she was crawling through the forest is when she saw a glimmer of hope.

It was an apple, food. Ripe and juicy, which fell out of the tree before her. She didn't eat anything when she woke up, or find any food through her hours of crawling in the rain.

She was hungry, so very hungry, and she forced her weak arms to pull her damaged body across the damp grass, ignoring the thunder above.

She was close to the apple, and she could feel her mouth water just looking at it. She reached out her bruised hand, millimeters away from grasping the red fruit...

... Only for a wolf to run in and eat it. Jess tried to grab the apple back; the wolf reacted, and bit her arm... hard.

A sickening crack echoed throughout the forest, followed with the scream of a girl.

She was in so much pain, so much of her body hurt, her soul crying and leaking out of her eyes in the form of tears. With her least damaged arm, she crawled away fast as she can, trying to get away form the wolf as she left a trail of blood behind.

Ironically, it was the arm the wolf chomped on that was the least damaged. Her other arm messed up when she landed on it multiple times when she painfully bounced from ledge to ledge as she got pushed off the cliff by Reuben.

"It's not fair." She cried as she pulled herself through the rain. Only stopping to catch her breath and open her mouth to catch the rainwater to hydrate her body, only to cry it out her eyes.

As she crawled away, she begins to notice that the rain started to feel like razorblades against her sore skin, that the wind was getting more and more intense. She struggled to look up, but when she finally managed to get a clear, upward look... she could only gawk in horror.

It was snowing... heavily. Winter has come.

'It's not fair... it's not fair...' she repeated in her head as struggled through the heavy laid snow, trying, and failing, to hold back the tears.

She was cold, so very cold and hungry and hurt, and she just wants a break. It was after more long crawls through the snow, after much crying, after much pain, was then she finally saw her surroundings and discovered that she was in a jungle biome.

She looked forward and saw a building up ahead, a large temple that was slightly damaged, and covered in vines. With a new hope sparked inside her soul, she managed to get on her knees and crawl even faster to the structure ahead.

After struggling up the stairs to the large, hidden building, into a large room where she saw that the interior was dirty, but thankfully abandoned... just like her.

She then saw multiple doors labeled 'Weapons', 'Armor', 'Treasure', 'Potions', and 'Food.' For once, after so long, she finally managed to smile, it was a weak smile, but one full of happiness nonetheless.

She even saw a book, floating on a pedestal with a spotlight on it. It's black, purple, and wicked design in all its glory. Curiously, with hope fueling her spirit, she lifts herself up onto her feet as she slowly limps to the book.

But it was then she heard a growl and turned her head around to see a wolf, the same one that snatched the apple away from her, with other wolves, their fangs exposed and ready to pounce.

After the wolf was done eating the apple, it slowly followed the trail of blood that Jess left behind, gathering its wolf pack to feast on the easy prey.

"It's not fair..." that was the last thing she said before the wolves pounced on her.

A/N: Don't worry, things will get better for Jess. For now, just sit back, read, and let me know what you think. :)