Chapter 89: Clockwork Part 14

Jess POV

Ping!

[Flesh Golem Crafting] has been created!

"Finally, it's done," I let out a tired sigh as crammed a Mana Core into the flesh golem on my table. "Now the boring part..."

I never knew Ivor had suck dark ideas, such a shame that he never got to make it a reality. But Ivor didn't continue it because he thought it was immoral, considering these flesh golems require a dead human, he just didn't have anything else to help finish his research.

But now with Mana involved, I can make it so much more. I spent the next hour crafting my flesh golems with the help of the skill, removing their organs, soaking them in chemicals so the body won't decay, implanting mechanical devices coated in poison.

I dressed it in a dark cloak, covering their patchwork bodies, but never covering their intact faces. "I envy you," I whispered as I gently stroked my burned hand across a flesh golem's face, a male with brown hair and eyes. "I can just repair your face, replace the parts you've lost... but I can't do the same for me."

I only made one flesh golem; technically five but they don't really count since they're nothing but failures. I placed my one successful puppet inside my Inventory before I looked around and saw the abomination at the Clockwork Fortress, screaming and thrashing around.

"He broke my Alluring Skull," I let out a frustrated huff. "I thought I would learn blood magic first before I used this, but I guess you can never plan for everything..."

I pulled out another Hell Ring; an eyeball with three purple irises as the gem while the band itself was a blue slime, resembling crying tears.

[Hell Ring: Sorrow]

A ring crafted by the demon Maura. This ring allows the wearer to put the victim into paralysis while warping the surrounding environment to match the victim's deepest fears. This ring will passively increase all illusion skills by 20%. However wearing this ring reduces total Mana Capacity by 10%.

I felt my MP reduce again, always a chilling feeling void of compassion and love. I had my mutated endermen teleport me near the Clockwork Fortress, Cassie went back to the maze in the Far Lands to have 'fun' with Maya; I knew I forgot to feed someone when I came back from Redstonia.

----------

Raven crawled out from the wreckage before tripping down the rubble and landing on the snowy ground; the fog parted away before filling around her.

She started to panic, and cry, when she noticed something missing from her belt. "M-My book," She painfully got up and limped back towards the rubble. "Where... where is it...?"

She couldn't understand why she is crying, here of all places. It's not that she didn't know the reason why; she just knew that if she did, it would bring up bad memories all over again.

...Raven ignorant of life outside of slavery...

...Raven beaten as a child by the other slaves...

...Raven meeting her one friend...

...That one friend teaching her everything she knows...

...Waking up one day to find out that everyone else is dead...

...Discovering that her friend was responsible, and she unintentionally helped him...

She found her book wedged in stone, he held it in her burned hands to feel its smooth cover and safety. Raven held the book to her chest; she found it in the empty underground where she and the other slaves used to live.