Chapter 60: Redstone Part 3

About two months ago... at Redstonia. The Dome of Concentration.

A large portal, framed in a mechanical device that's 5 blocks tall and 5 blocks wide. Watching and showing Jess walk back to her secret home after her job in the Twilight Forest.

The lady watching the whole thing far away is residing in Redstonia. So who could invent such a thing? Ellegaard, the Redstone Engineer of course. One of the 'heroes' of the Order of the Stone that 'killed' the Ender Dragon.

Now why would a genius like her be concerned with a girl like Jess? Ellegaard needs to know about Jess, more importantly her connection to Ivor and the location of the Command Block.

Plus... Jess is a monster. A demon. She killed so many people, and will continue to do so. Ellegaard knows what she did to Boom Town, and fears what she'll do to other kingdoms. Most importantly, Redstonia.

So that's why Ellegaard didn't feel bad for what she's going to do next: raiding Jess' base, eliminate her so she won't do anyone more harm, and looting everything inside.

Ellegaard will then study how Jess controls monsters, how she evolves them, and use the knowledge to help people. Imagine controlling monsters as cheap labor for mining or farming instead of using them to hurt others like necromancers loyal to their kingdom do.

Little did Ellegaard know that a certain Old Builder, who's also a redstone engineer, tried to do the same thing: using monsters as cheap labor. Ellegaard will get the same results as she did: it will backfire... BIG TIME!

"Mam," a soldier walked up behind Ellegaard, snapping her out of her thoughts. He is wearing metal armor, a red and gold exoskeleton that covers all of his features while enhancing his physical abilities. "We're ready. Do we charge in?" he asked, looking at Jess walk inside her cave.

Ellegaard looked behind her, looking at the mechanically enhanced soldier. "Does your team have the exothermic blocks placed around the mountain?"

"We did what you told us to do, mam." Replied Ellegaard's soldier. "But... isn't a exothermic reaction a bit extreme?"

"Calvin," Said Ellegaard, addressing the man inside the armor. "This woman kills people on a daily basis. Do not forget who she is, what she can do. Don't pity someone who's remorseless as they are ruthless."

If Calvin's face was exposed, it would be shocked by Ellegaard's cold tone. "Very well," he nodded. "Do we proceed?"

"Of course you proceed," granted Ellegaard. "It is my plan after all, and don't you forget it."

Calvin nodded. Ellegaard shifted the portal's view over to her other soldiers, the ones that Calvin will be leading. "Detonate the exothermic blocks when you arrive."

Calvin walked through, joining his fellow soldiers for the mission. Calvin then pulled out a small device with a red button on top. He pressed it.

The exothermic blocks surrounding the mountain detonated. In a heartbeat, 20 arcs of orange energy flew straight up, out of the exothermic blocks, and merged in the center as they dived down.

They pierced the top of the mountain with a boom. A second later a potent discharge of heat blasted out of the entrance, and the top of the mountain, to Jess' secret home.

Ellegaard is not Magnus, she has control after all. The intense heat was released inside the mountain, effectively killing everything inside.