Chapter 105: Confession

The clashing of blades continued between the two nameless freaks. The air turned red as projections of late Chaos Sorcerers are displayed throughout the air. Even if the raining blood and red air wasn't obscuring her vision, Raven can't afford to lose concentration.

Raven rolled backwards, to avoid the mutating scythe from slicing her in half. "Raven!" The homunculus screamed as he continued to swing his weapon, Raven barely dodging as he did with such rage. "Apparently, I was mistaken," He shouted sarcastically. "I thought the use of Mana is a sin in the eyes of Notch; who you believed to be the creator of everything!"

"Then I'll pray for his forgiveness," Raven couldn't block as the homunculus' attacks are accelerating. As he swung his scythe across, she dived forward, getting in close before jumping up and kicking him in the chin, causing him to recoil back. "That is the first step to repent!"

The mutated homunculus doesn't believe any of it. "Did you lie about your faith?!" Vines ruptured out of his decayed chest, the thorns grazing Raven as they wrapped around her. Holding her hostage in the air. "Have you abandoned your so-called 'god'?!"

"I'll never abandon him!" Raven's book glowed unleashing a concussive force directed thought the vines, shredding them into bits. "He gives me hope!"

Raven landed on the ground, pressing both of her hands onto the blood-soaked, ashen ground. Before the homunculus could even react, the ground under him erupted with divine energy, forcefully protruding spikes of stone to collide into his body. They shattered on impact, but managed to lift him off his feet, away from Raven, and high into the air as a moment later he crashed into an orbiting landmass floating around; connected together with chains of made out of divine energy.

A few moments later, Raven saw the motherless abomination coming down the chains. "What about when you were sold and raised in slavery, treated as nothing more than a test subject?" The homunculus countered, sliding down the chains; the raining blood acted as a lubricant as the chains themselves faded out of existence due to his homunculi biology. "When you finally realized how hopeless your situation was?!"

As the chains faded under him, he threw his scythe at Raven. She managed to duck under it, seeing the weapon connect to his arm with extending barbed vines before they straightened out; rapidly pulling him towards Raven.

Raven's eyes widen in alarm as the homunculus continued his dive, she held out her arms above her; there is no way she is able to dodge that. "<Shiel-!"

The homunculus pulled his scythe out from the ground as he continued to dive at the winged girl, the weapon caught Raven off-guard and breaking her concentration as it sliced her back.

CRASH-!

A crater formed as she was knocked onto her back. She cried in pain as the homunculus landed on her stomach, blood erupting from her mouth. She looked up as the homunculus glared at her with such envy, as he ignored the blood soaking his decaying body.

"At some point in your pitiful life, after everything you've been through-" He raised his scythe, the raining blood dripping down on the sharp edge, on the crown of thorns on his decayed head. "You must have realized that there are no gods in this world at all!"

----------

Veritas was able to move again. Jess' Hell Ring, Sorrow, wore off as the free god roared one final time as its body was dragged to the Aura Node consuming in the center. It could do nothing but die as it's body is constantly folding and stretching and collapsing while being torn apart.

Jess watched, continuing her amplified [Ritual of Binding], as Veritas' twisted body started to crack while a chaotic glow bleed from it.

"Even a god with nothing left to lose will try one final time... how petty." Jess commented as she could feel the hate rolling off of Veritas. "Compressing your remaining energy into a single point before setting it off."