Chapter 55: Exposure Part 3

"Well what are we then?" screamed Aiden. "If we're not morons, then what are we to you?!"

She tilted her head to the side. "You, Gill, and Maya, are nothing more than entertainment for me!" She shouted and started to laugh again. "You arrogant morons, the arguments you make, the pitiful insults you spit, the ignorance you have, are just fun puppets to watch, manipulate, and break."

"Well, what about me?" hesitantly asked a curious Lukas. "What am I worth to you?"

She looked at the blonde, her face blank as she stopped laughing, and taking a second to gather her thoughts. "A freak of nature..." Jess said as she pulled out her diamond longsword.

Lukas was confused. "What are you talking abou-!" Blood spilled from his mouth like a waterfall when Jess rammed the sword through his chest.

But she didn't stop there. She twisted the long, diamond blade deeper into his bleeding chest. Jess held Lukas close, like when a parent hugs a child as she sliced down, cutting down in a diagonal slice until the blade reached the bottom of his spine.

Lukas grunted in agony with each jerk of the blade as his organs were minced and diced, oozing out of his grave wounds while consciousness slowly faded. His world became darker, blurring into a hazy grey as Jess still held him close.

"Shhhh," she whispered into his ear while she stroked his hair before placing her letting her grip loose of her sword, letting it stay inside his body as she placed her free palm against his left eye, and pumped some Mana into it. "It will all make sense soon... my abomination."

Despite that, he couldn't help but smile at the irony. He wanted to be close to Jess, looks like he got what he wanted as he closed his eyes and slumped over...

-----------

Jess held Lukas' still body for a second before tossing it onto the ground as if it was nothing more than garbage. She ripped her diamond longsword out of the corpse as she flicked the blood off of her blade before putting it away.

"JESS!" screamed Aiden as he charged at her. He pulled his fist back, ready to make her black eye even worse, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw Jess turn in his direction and gave him a bored, cold stare. Then the horrible memories came back as he stood frozen in fear.

... Jess throwing the Ocelots into the lava in the Nether ...

... Jess using a lich to terrify the Ocelots in the Twilight Forest...

... Jess convincing Lukas to leave the Ocelots as he glared at them with such hate...

... Jess brutally beating them up in the Twilight Forest...

... Jess making Maya's 'death' so painful and terrifying...

... Jess' cold, remorseless laughter...

... Jess torturing them for information about the bounty poster sent by Magnus and Ellegaard...

... Jess and her redhead accomplice stare at him as he was framed for a crime he didn't commit...

... Jess killing Lukas in cold blood as for some strange reason he smiled...

... Jess' horrible, terrifying, cold green eyes ...

No matter how much anger fuels him, Aiden is still traumatized over what happened. For once, he learned from the past as realized that he couldn't beat a demon like Jess.

He's simply too afraid, too weak... so it was no surprise that Jess walked pass Aiden's frozen, yet shaking, form as slipped a folded piece of paper into his pocket. She whispered into his ear. "Give that to Gill." Her voice left no room for argument.