Chapter 98: Deicide Part 3

Earlier...

"Everyone get ready," Jesse warned, but he and his friends are grinning with confidence. "I've fought her before, I know how she fights; we still have the advantage over her!"

Jess stood at the edge of the platform. She eyed her sibling as they all charged at her still body, her face cold as the dark air, but thoughts moved like a machine. Jess channeled Mana through the threads connecting to the elemental guardians as they stood in front of her.

Petra shot fire out of her hands in order to launch herself up, flipped once over the guardians as she formed fire daggers in her hands in a reverse grip to stab down on Jess.

Jess fire guardian intercepted the attack. All of the surrounding heat, including Petra's fire daggers and body heat, flowed into the orb of fire hovering in between the fire guardian's curved horns.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Endothermic Vacuum]!

Immediately, Petra's muscles tensed as a thin sheet of ice covered her body as she is still like a statue. Falling and about to collide with the fire guardian as the orb of fire between its horns grew bigger due to absorbing the surrounding heat.

The sheet of ice barely protected her when Jess willed the fire guardian to release all of that stored heat, point blank at Petra's falling body.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Exothermic Blast]!

A bright flash following a wave of heat as Petra's body was engulfed in flames. The force of the blast was so potent she was thrown back at Axel.

"Petra!" The large berserker halted in his charge and raised his arms, ready to catch his friend. He didn't expect several tentacles made of water to wrap around Petra's body midair before pulling her into the water guardian's body.

Jess quickly read the notification before dismissing it. It's good to know that [Elemental Guardian Manipulation] was working just as planned. With the reward of the Deicide quest, she's going to exploit it as much as she can.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Lure of the Watery Grave]!

Axel's reaction was too slow, too late, as he grabbed nothing but empty air. The lightning guardian only needed a fraction of a second to take advantage of that. In a flash, it appeared before Axel, its movements sounding like raw thunder, before moving so fast it punched him simultaneously in the face and stomach. Repeatedly.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Double Strike]!

"Olivia, keep going!" Jesse ordered as he coated his hands in flames; Petra's body started to become sluggish as she was losing her breathe. "I'll get help Axel and Petra!"

Olivia nodded as she continued her charge, pulling out several redstone components from her inventory. Jesse ran at the water guardian, only for it to spit out Petra's drowning body like a fired arrow.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Rejection of the Watery Grave]!

Olivia fell to the ground as Petra's wet body collided with her. The redhead coughed up water before grabbing Olivia, and rolled out of the way from the water guardian's tentacles from piercing their bodies.

Ping!

You have gained the skill: [Aquatic Spear]!

The aquatic extensions splashed on the ground where the two females were, forming an expanding puddle of water. Olivia didn't have time to realize that she dropped her redstone components as the pained grunts of Axel's body getting repeatedly punched attracted her attention.