Chapter 72: Damnation Part 7

Bailey slowly opened her eyes. 'I'm alive... didn't I die...?She thought. 'Is this the afterlife...?'

Bailey felt numb, and her face sore. She can't move, it's hard to breathe, and yet the white emptiness that surrounded her felt... soft?

Throughout history, in the religions of Notch and Herobrine, there are many afterlives created by the two gods.

People always have their own versions and interpretations of the religion, usually saying that one is better than the other. At their core: Notch is good. Herobrine is bad. Yet only the most humble and wise preachers of the religions would say that's all a matter of perspective, as deciding that which one is evil and other one is good. 

So what is this place? It's just empty!

Is this one of the afterlives created by Notch? It's not tormenting from what she heard of what Herobrine's afterlives would be like, or what she would consider 'evil' since there is nothing here but her.

Or is this placed created by Herobrine? The isolation is terrifying enough! No other people, no voice of a god to guide her, as it's hard to breath here. She can't even move, like her body is being restrained. There is nothing here, just silence and suffocation.

She didn't want to admit it, that action would terrify her, but it actually makes more sense that this place would be of Herobrine's creation.

But at that moment she silently cried. Bailey just realized, and couldn't believe, she died.

Jesse. Petra. Olivia. Axel. They just... abandoned her! Axel punched her. Leaving her to die as that man- no that thing, brutally killed her!

She can still feel his decayed hands gripping her head. How his body is practically the definition of rot and pain. She felt a ghost of a pain of his serrated-clawed thumbs digging into her eyes.

Then snap! With a violent twist it was over. The pain ended, and she woke up here in this pseudo hell. What did she do to deserve this?!

So many regrets surfaced in Bailey's mind. But one of them included her not telling a certain blonde how she felt. How she had feelings for him. And how she lacked the courage to just say four words: I like you, Lukas.

But she was always afraid, never taking that first step to even say hello. Always admiring him from a far, seeing him builds with his group. Sure, he was kind of arrogant, but he wasn't like the rest of the Ocelots: he's nice!

He would never start a fight, and sometimes break them up. He smiled as he did, to his fans, and to everyone else. So why, despite his welcoming nature, was she so afraid?

Rejection? Embarrassment? Humiliated by him, or his friends? All of these possibilities that could happen, but it was definitely, all of the above.

The more she thought about it, she should have just said something. It wasn't like Lukas was in a relationship with anyone. He certainly wasn't a friend with anyone but his own gang.

What did she even have to lose? Lukas didn't even know her! So it wasn't like he was going to publicly humiliate her by spreading her name in a negative view.

It would have been over soon if she confessed it. But no, Bailey told herself over and over, "I would just wait a bit longer. Find that right moment to tell him."

But she waited too long. So many events happened that widen the gap between her and her crush.

First the war made Lukas stick closer to his friends, making sure that they stick together and never focusing on anyone else.